“Excellent service and food!”
Review of Nola Restaurant

Nola Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Nola Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #101 of 1,978 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Chartres Street
Description: NOLA is chef/restaurateur Emeril Lagasse’s casual eatery in the heart of New Orleans’ French Quarter. Open since 1992, the critically-acclaimed restaurant fuses traditional Creole, Acadian and Southern cuisine with global influences. Chef de Cuisine Philip Buccieri works closely with Chef Emeril to create an innovative menu showcasing rustic Louisiana cooking with local ingredients and some ethnic twists. The three-story restaurant features an open-action kitchen, chef’s food bar and a signature wood-fired brick oven. NOLA was renovated in 2017 and is now open daily at 11:30 am serving one menu for lunch and dinner.
Reviewed December 8, 2013

My wife and I were on vacation in the Bayou and decided to visit NOLA for dinner one night. We didn't have reservations so we weren't sure if we'd be able to dine there since it was a Saturday night. Upon entering the place we were nicely greeted and within a few minutes informed that there were two seats on the Chef's table if we were ok with that. The Chef's table seats 6 and is directly in front of the brick oven and the rest of the kitchen (bar seating style). We were ok with that, understanding that we'd be seated with 4 other strangers. The service was EXCELLENT! The food didn't take very long and was top notch! I had the pork chop which was mouth watering and my wife had the shrimp and grits which was also fantastic! I'm very happy with the entire experience from start to finish and will definitely return when we re visit New Orleans.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

I admit that I was skeptical of an Emeril restaurant but a friend treated us to a wonderful dinner. Having once lived in southern Louisiana, and being a foodie, I have very high expectations when in New Orleans. NOLA did not let me down! The service was excellent, the menu interesting and the flavors sublime. We had several other meals over a long weekend and this one surpassed all others.

Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

I have nothing bad to say about this place. I went with colleagues as it was highly recommended by friends. Everything from the hosts, cocktails, food, and service were amazing. I had the pork chop with side of sweet potatoes which melted in your mouth. SO good!! Our waiter, Travis, was knowledgable, courteous and had a great sense of humor. It really added to the experience. I'm going again with more co-workers in a week and can't wait.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

My wife very much enjoyed her bbq shrimp appetizer and my sister-in-law loved the stuffed chicken wings. The latter are like an eggroll with a boned wing in lieu of the won ton: I've never heard of anywhere else serving this dish. My brother had the blt salad and thought he got the best deal of the appetizers. The red tomatoes are fried, arugula, bacon and buttermilk dressing. The boudin balls we're shared among the table, and I probably liked them the most. Our shrimp and grits were fantastic and the wine affordable. Solid friendly service in a cool space. A great place to try.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

In October 2013, I wrote a negative review of NOLA. I received a private response from the restaurant manager through Trip Advisor asking for my phone number to call me. The manager of NOLA called my home and spoke to my husband. He listened to my husband's criticism of NOLA and apologized for our less than stellar dining experience. He assured my husband NOLA would attempt to change our minds and would be sending us something in the mail. All these weeks later, we have received no mail from NOLA. So much for "making things right". Once again, NOLA disappoints.