“Superb bistro”
Review of Nola Restaurant

Nola Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Nola Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #101 of 1,978 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Chartres Street
Description: NOLA is chef/restaurateur Emeril Lagasse’s casual eatery in the heart of New Orleans’ French Quarter. Open since 1992, the critically-acclaimed restaurant fuses traditional Creole, Acadian and Southern cuisine with global influences. Chef de Cuisine Philip Buccieri works closely with Chef Emeril to create an innovative menu showcasing rustic Louisiana cooking with local ingredients and some ethnic twists. The three-story restaurant features an open-action kitchen, chef’s food bar and a signature wood-fired brick oven. NOLA was renovated in 2017 and is now open daily at 11:30 am serving one menu for lunch and dinner.
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Delicious New Orleans classic dishes.with a modern twist.
Delicious cornbread.

Great gumbo. Boudin balls, wedge salad great.

Service slightly hit or miss.

Well worth a visit.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

We went their to celebrate my friends birthday and this was her restaurant of choice. We had reservations and were seated quickly by a very gracious hostess. The serve staff came around with some very good bread while waiting for our orders. We ordered a glass of champagne and I ordered the Gumbo and she a salad. Both were very good. Then we had the Barbequed shrimp and the Shrimp and grits, both delicious and Dessert was quite nice too. The dining room was quite crowded and noisy and the service was just OK. Overall, we did enjoy ourselves and glad that we went. be prepared it is pricey!

Reviewed March 22, 2013

We enjoyed amazing service and delicious food here at NOLA. We were seated upstairs, which was cooler, surprisingly than the first floor and less noisy. I had the shrimp and grits after the special strawberry salad - I ate every bit! Friends I was with also enjoyed their choices and without a doubt, the service here was the best.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

We ate at Nola Restaurant on the last night of our trip. Although the restaurant is pricey, the amount of food you get makes up for it. Had to have dessert, too. My friend had the Popcorn Sundae, that she just raved about. A must do, when you are in New Orleans.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I'm a seasoned diner and only had 6 meals to find what I was looking for in New Orleans. I wanted the traditional smells and flavors of this town wrapped up in a creative seamless execution that would work with wine. Found some good food and fun places around town but this place, its smells, looks, waitstaff, open kitchen, it's personality, it just blew me away. Very refined use of spices and other materials and styles of prep. And a staff able to make sure I made the right selections to satisfy my needs.