“Great food but bad experience”
Review of Nola Restaurant

Nola Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Nola Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #101 of 1,978 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Chartres Street
Description: NOLA is chef/restaurateur Emeril Lagasse’s casual eatery in the heart of New Orleans’ French Quarter. Open since 1992, the critically-acclaimed restaurant fuses traditional Creole, Acadian and Southern cuisine with global influences. Chef de Cuisine Philip Buccieri works closely with Chef Emeril to create an innovative menu showcasing rustic Louisiana cooking with local ingredients and some ethnic twists. The three-story restaurant features an open-action kitchen, chef’s food bar and a signature wood-fired brick oven. NOLA was renovated in 2017 and is now open daily at 11:30 am serving one menu for lunch and dinner.
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at the restaurant and were seated on the second floor. The restaurant was busy but we were well taken care of. The food, drinks and service were wonderful and we were having a 5 star evening. Then, two large parties of 20 year olds arrived and were seated near us. I believe they were bachelorette and bachelor parties for the same wedding. They appeared pretty well lubricated when they arrived. They were loud and obnoxious as they hooted and hollered and behaved like they were in a sports bar. My husband and I cound not carry on a conversation. Other diners were also disturbed by the disruption. I really felt like my nice meal was ruined. I was happy when wr paid the check and could leave. I probably will not go back to NOLA knowing they permit such parties in the general dining area.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

My husband and I dined here last weekend. This is a great 3 floor restaurant. It is bustling and happy. Our waiter, Travis, was most helpful and knowledgeable about the menu. My husband ordered the buttermilk fried chicken (of course) and he was served 3 BIG pieces. I went a little lighter and ordered the red fish. I also had a roasted beet salad. Dessert was the ooegy gooey cake for him and the three mini creme brûlée for me. OMG! The food was delicious. The staff runs like a fine oiled machine. Someone is always there to refill your glass, take away a cleaned plate, etc. Ask for the third floor seating. I watched fresh breads being made throughout our dinner. What a treat for someone who loves to cook.

1  Thank vmi78
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I have eaten here multiple times and everytime I do, I walk away satified and with a motivation to return. The pork chop is fantastic and the wedge salad is probably the best I've had. If you are in New Orleans looking for a good place to eat, you have to give NOLA a try.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Had a great large group dinner (38) at NOLAs on Feb 25th. The service was excellent and the food very good. The sommelier choose a reasonable priced red blend and a white for me after I gave him the parameters of what I wanted to spend. The wine was a great choice.
For a large group all meals were served at the same time and were of great quality. Highly recommend for a large group. I have also eaten there several othertimes and have always enjoyed the experience.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I agree with most of the recent reveiwers; from the time you walk into the restaurant, you are assured of having a great meal! I tried the "Buttermilk Fried Chicken" which was an amazingly tender, juicy and yet a crispy crusted, chicken breast that I will be trying and trying to recreate.
The salads were fresh and crisp- I had the Iceberg Wedge Salad, and it was none like I have ever had before! TRY IT. My husband loved the New Orleans style crabcakes (rated a 9 out of 10) that was served over a spicy relish, and the Pan Roasted Farm Rib Eye which he found absolutely delish.