“Fantastic. Great food!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nola Restaurant

Nola Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Nola Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #95 of 1,918 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Chartres Street
Description: NOLA is chef/restaurateur Emeril Lagasse's casual and funky eatery in the heart of New Orleans' French Quarter. Open since 1992, the critically-acclaimed restaurant fuses traditional Creole, Acadian and Southern cuisine with global influences. Chef de cuisine Brian Mottola works closely with Chef Emeril to create an innovative menu showcasing rustic Louisiana cooking with local ingredients and some ethnic twists. The three-story restaurant features an open-action kitchen, chef's food bar and a signature wood-fired brick oven. NOLA serves dinner nightly and lunch Thursday through Monday.
“Fantastic. Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

While in town for the Superbowl (very busy) i had lunch and dinnet at Nola. I must say it was a very nice experience. The food is amazing. We sampled some dishes and the restaurant accommodated that brilliantly. The Drum fish (with garlic crumbs, straight out of the wood oven) is wonderfull but so are the soups and the shrips & grits. During dinner we also had the duck which apparently is prepared in a special way. Service was on both occasions impeccable. Great winelist. This restaurant is highly recommended. Go there but make reservations in order to avoid disappointments.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Brenham, Texas
“Love the vibe!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

This hip restaurant is always rocking! Great food, great drinks, great atmosphere! Be sure to make a reservation!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank TexasInnkeeper
Chicago, Illinois
“Super Bowl Weekend”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Went to NOLA on Friday of Super Bowl weekend at 2:15, and was told that they were closed. Although there were about 25 people on the first floor dining. I guess they close from 2-5 each day? We came back on Saturday, waited an hour for table at 1:30, (expected for Super Bowl weekend). However, the service was terrible, we waited so long for the waiter to come back to take our wine order, that we really thought we already ordered. The service continued to get worse from there. With all the hype for an Emeril restaurant, I expected alot more for the food. First, they were out of two of the specials at 2:30 on a Saturday afternoon. They were out of the Hamburger!! Didn't they expect to sell some on Super Bowl weekend? Next we ordered soup, which was good, but was only warm. I don't understand how soup can't be hot when you get it? Now for the Entrees. Two of us ordered the Filets, medium, however it was well done to such a point that I could only eat half of it. The fish - Drum, was too breaded with little flavor. However, the fried chicken was tasty. We would have sent the steaks back, but the waiter was no where to be seen after they were delivered, but since the food took so long, it was just time to leave. Overall, I think it's very over-rated.

“This Emeril's location is AWESOME”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

As a walk in traveling solo the staff seated me at the first opening (maybe 3 minute wait) at the dining bar at the kitchen. The food was incredible (I have eaten at six of Emeril's restaurants and this one is tops!), the entertainment (a young lady from Chicagoland was managing the brick oven orders including the mussels I ordered) and the ambiance was New Orleans all the way. My meal was a collection of items from the menu.

I had a Pocket Bread, warmed in the oven with olive oil and some herbs. It was sinfully delicious. For dinner I had a wedge salad ala Emeril with oven roasted Prince Edward mussels. The food was "get outta here" delicious.

The meal was so good, though I had no room for more dessert overpowered my reason and I ate the Creme Broulee Trio. It too was five stars all the way.

I am so happy with this dining spot I will most definitely return, this time with my spouse who will be as delighted as was I. I "guarantee" it!

Visited January 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Not as fabulous as what we have been told”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

The food was good but not exceptional. The service was SLOW!!!! Had to ask for water....had to ask for wine list....had to ask for menu.

We went for lunch and we were expecting more. Probably won't go back just because it truly is just mediocre in our opinion. Have had better in town, but we also have had worse.

• Visited February 2013