“Better than okay, but not amazing”
Review of Nola Restaurant

Nola Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Nola Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #101 of 1,978 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Chartres Street
Description: NOLA is chef/restaurateur Emeril Lagasse’s casual eatery in the heart of New Orleans’ French Quarter. Open since 1992, the critically-acclaimed restaurant fuses traditional Creole, Acadian and Southern cuisine with global influences. Chef de Cuisine Philip Buccieri works closely with Chef Emeril to create an innovative menu showcasing rustic Louisiana cooking with local ingredients and some ethnic twists. The three-story restaurant features an open-action kitchen, chef’s food bar and a signature wood-fired brick oven. NOLA was renovated in 2017 and is now open daily at 11:30 am serving one menu for lunch and dinner.
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This is a charming restaurant in an old warehouse and boasts three floors an old glass elevator that gives the place an unusual and interesting vibe.

The bread is to die for (and I don't usually like bread). The beet salad is nice, but nothing to write home about. I ordered the mussels and enjoyed them, although in retrospect I wish I'd ordered a variety of small plates instead. The entree selection is light on interesting fare that isn't meat or fat heavy, so I found the menu a little limiting.

The bottom line: a charming and above average restaurant. If you are going with a group with whom you can share dishes, this is a good place because you'll get to sample upscale takes on a variety of classic New Orleans dishes. It is a lively place and makes for an enjoyable evening out. If, however, you are expecting a traditional New Orleans dinner that will knock your socks off, perhaps best to look somewhere else.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

My husband dined at NOLA last month and recommended the restaurant to me, so my three work companions and I made reservations. The restaurant is pleasantly designed (and fully handicapped accessible), with very cheerful staff and excellent service. But what made the evening remarkable and memorable was the quality of the food. It was startlingly good. I had the grilled shrimp and grits--this was just fabulously delicious. It's the way grits should be, with outstanding shrimp on top. I loved it and will return with my family next time we visit New Orleans. I sampled my companions' dinners and they were equally outstanding. Everyone agreed this was a special dinner (and after a long day of work together, this was noteworthy) and well worth seizing the opportunity. The bill was modest given the quality of the food and service.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Despite the description of the restaurant as hip and funky, it is really a high end restaurant with multiple servers, white tablecloths, and high prices. The food was excellent as was the service. We chose this one over other famous high end restaurants in New Orleans because we felt the menu was more reflective of the area. We will definitely return during our next visit to this great city!

Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch while wandering the French Qtr. We split the gulf shrimp remoulade appetizer which was very tasty. We both had the gumbo du jour- very nice on a rainy Sunday. Service was friendly and efficient.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Ate here twice on my last trip to NOLA. Came for New Years Eve and found ourselves here several times. The fried shrimp plate is huge and very tasty! We also had fresh oysters, the Cajun pasta, and the cheeseburger. We were all pleasantly surprised. We even made the trek from our hotel at 230 in the morning because we were craving the shrimp! I'm not sure if they're always open that late or if it was because it was NYE. Visit this place, you won't be dissapointed!