“Great Service”

Fri, 7/19
8:00 PM
Ranked #78 of 2,219 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: St. Ann
Description: The Bistro at Muriel’s Jackson Square offers New Orleans classics like Gumbo, BBQ Shrimp, Oysters "Muriel", Turtle soup, Fried Gulf Shrimp Po-boy, Crabmeat Imperial, Shrimp Remoulade & contemporary Creole cuisine like Pecan Crusted Drum & Wood Grilled Tuna while the Courtyard Bar is the perfect place to drop by for drinks & appetizers. The Séance Lounge is the place for a relaxed, comfortable meeting before or after dining. Comprised of two areas, The Outer & The Inner Séance, the Séance also tells the story of a mystic & checkered past. The Outer Séance addresses the New Orleans era of Storyville & when Muriel's Jackson Square was one of the French Quarter's best bordellos! The Inner Séance is the preferred domain of the resident ghost, Pierre Antoine Lepardi Jourdan, & is the perfect spot for an intimate conversation & a drink amongst its plush surroundings.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My Wife and I each decided to do the 3 course dinner for a Saturday evening Dinner. This was a good decision because it took a lot of the guess work out of what to choose.

We started with a salad and gumbo. The gumbo was excellent. Can't say much about lettuce.
The main course was Salmon and Baby Drum. The salmon was large and perfectly cooked. The Drum had a pecan crust and was very good. Not perfect, but very good.
Desert was the chocolate cake and the Bread pudding with an incredible sauce. Both were excellent.

What really made the evening was the service of the entire wait staff. Very knowledgeable about the menu. Their course timing was impeccable. It was so nice to be pampered and not rushed. Not have to wait for the next course, but not rushed through the previous one. This is what service should be like at all high end restaurants.

Date of visit: June 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (5,266)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Had the 3 course dinner everything was delicious. Started with fresh spring mix salad and amazing crawfish goat cheese crepes. I could have ate them forever. Pecan crusted puppy drum delicate and so inventive nothing like it, double cut pork chop tasty! Desert was crime brûlée and the best bread pudding tins of pecans and that sauce Wow!!!! I would have given an excellent rating based on food alone but our service was nothing special.

Reviewed June 11, 2019 via mobile

We had a Sunday Jazz brunch here on my birthday, and it was special and memorable. The staff were professional, friendly, knowledgeable, and attentive. The decor, ambience, and live music were spot on, and the portions were generous. The food was less than spectacular, but we didn’t care. I would recommend it for anyone who wants to feel pampered. It’s adjacent to the Cathedral, so the location couldn’t be better.

Reviewed June 11, 2019 via mobile

Very good service and food! Everything is fresh. Waiters were attentive and helpful! Thank you to both “Jasons”. We had a wonderful experience!

Reviewed June 8, 2019 via mobile

My first trip to New Orleans! I was told that there was Restaurant with my name so we made reservations for Sunday on May 19th. It poured down raining so we missed our reservations. Monday we decided to go for lunch and we were glad we did! Service was exceptional! Jason recommended the Mississippi Blackened Catfish then we added lump crabmeat. Amazing! I asked if they had Customers to come there with the name Muriel and he said no because it was a very unusual name. So we asked if we could meat the owner. The General Manager came out and I introduced myself I also got a lil history on how the restaurant got its name. The staff was very friendly and I received a complimentary dessert which was the bread pudding! It was slamming! So glad that I was able to visit this beautiful place. Great southern hospitality

Date of visit: May 2019