“Amazing food”

Muriel's Jackson Square
Reserve with OpenTable
Muriel's Jackson Square is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 1,998 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: St. Ann
Description: The Bistro at Muriel’s Jackson Square offers New Orleans classics like Gumbo, BBQ Shrimp, Oysters "Muriel", Turtle soup, Fried Gulf Shrimp Po-boy, Crabmeat Imperial, Shrimp Remoulade & contemporary Creole cuisine like Pecan Crusted Drum & Wood Grilled Tuna while the Courtyard Bar is the perfect place to drop by for drinks & appetizers. The Séance Lounge is the place for a relaxed, comfortable meeting before or after dining. Comprised of two areas, The Outer & The Inner Séance, the Séance also tells the story of a mystic & checkered past. The Outer Séance addresses the New Orleans era of Storyville & when Muriel's Jackson Square was one of the French Quarter's best bordellos! The Inner Séance is the preferred domain of the resident ghost, Pierre Antoine Lepardi Jourdan, & is the perfect spot for an intimate conversation & a drink amongst its plush surroundings.
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

The food wine and experience was amazing. When we could get a table at another restaurant the next night we came back just for the bread pudding. Every morsel of food was incredible. Not to be missed.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,438)

Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Ten of us dined and tried most offerings on menu, filet, pork chop, BBQ shrimp, duck, everything excellent. Bread pudding was perfection!!

1  Thank thesewheelsrturning
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

This place is a must visit! There is so much character in the location. The food combinations are very interesting and their price fixe menu is actually reasonably priced for the quality of the choices. We were lucky to have stumbled onto this place while boutique shopping!!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

When I see so many reviews saying the same thing about a place, I try to add something that may clarify, condense or offer something different. Comparison's are good. On a par with Muriel's is Nola but Muriel's is quieter if you're after conversation. They're both very good though I think Nola's wine list is more expansive and interesting. However, att Muriel's, you MUST have the pork chop. The four of us had never, EVER had such excellent pork chop ( we all sampled one another's entrees). I don't know what magic is performed in the kitchen, but if you are a foodie in the search of something wonderful, this is it. Nola's Buttermilk Chicken is pretty darn good, too, feather light, served in gargantuan portions, but Muriel's Pork Chop was unadulterated heaven. Go. Eat. Pork Chop.

1  Thank Torontolyn
Reviewed October 9, 2013

The nice thing about business trips to specific locations is that you get to know them over the years. My experience at Muriel's was not only fantastic, it was one of the most enjoyable meals I have had. Besides the great companionship of a colleague, the staff was the most pleasant. The tomato and fennel soup was fabulous as was the large and extremely tasty double cut pork cop. Excellent beyond words, which is unusual for me. I had it on corn bread stuffing - I love corn bread! The staff was very pleasant and professional. I forgot my reading glasses, and guess what, they brought me a handsome wooden box with a number of new reading glasses in them so I could see the menu. The wine list was extensive and excellent. I had one of the local NO beers and it was excellent, smooth and possessed a wonderful taste which added to the flavor of the meal. The setting is definitely old South, a heritage that is pre-Civil War and very elegant. This was one of the best meals that I have ever had.