“Best dinner in Nola” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Muriel's Jackson Square

Muriel's Jackson Square
Reserve with OpenTable
Muriel's Jackson Square is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 1,920 Restaurants in New Orleans
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: St. Ann
Description: The Bistro at Muriel’s Jackson Square offers New Orleans classics like Gumbo, BBQ Shrimp, Oysters "Muriel", Turtle soup, Fried Gulf Shrimp Po-boy, Crabmeat Imperial, Shrimp Remoulade & contemporary Creole cuisine like Pecan Crusted Drum & Wood Grilled Tuna while the Courtyard Bar is the perfect place to drop by for drinks & appetizers. The Séance Lounge is the place for a relaxed, comfortable meeting before or after dining. Comprised of two areas, The Outer & The Inner Séance, the Séance also tells the story of a mystic & checkered past. The Outer Séance addresses the New Orleans era of Storyville & when Muriel's Jackson Square was one of the French Quarter's best bordellos! The Inner Séance is the preferred domain of the resident ghost, Pierre Antoine Lepardi Jourdan, & is the perfect spot for an intimate conversation & a drink amongst its plush surroundings.
Jensen Beach, Florida
“Best dinner in Nola”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

The fantastic location and prix fix menu might make you think of a tourist class meal. It is not. Generous portions of perfectly prepared courses. Great interior in a historical building, fine service. This restaurant proves that you don't need a celebrity chef or exorbitant price to be an excellent dining experience.

• Visited September 2013

• Hebrew first
“Lovely atmosphere, great location and good food ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Having a gluten allergy, I found out that Muriel's would cater and off we headed. Turning up on a Thursday afternoon for lunch, had no problems getting a table. All the staff were very friendly, and after being told about the 2 course deal, I informed them of my gluten allergy and was grateful to be handed a gluten free menu. I had a decent salad for starter followed by a delicious pork chop for main. Very reasonably priced and great service (I must have had my coke filled up 5 times!). Would definitely recommend for lunch as somewhere which is in a great location, with friendly staff and very good at catering for gluten free.

San Francisco, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My Favorite Restaurant in NOLA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

I've been to NOLA several times and finally had dinner at Muriels. I'm very selective with restaurants in different cities as I'm a foodie from San Francisco. We were there for 4 days and after having dinner there the 2nd night we were in town we loved Muriels so much we had our farewell dinner the last night as well. We are going to NOLA this month again and have already made our reservations for dinner 9/21/13. Can't wait. Don't miss out on a great restaurant with generous pours if you know what I mean........

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Finickyeater1013
Alaska
“Dinner at Muriel's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

We enjoyed delicious food and very attentive service at this centrally-located restaurant. Bill enjoyed the pork chops; the Seafood Bayoubaise I had was delicious.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Oslo, Norway
“Overrated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Went to this restaurant on a saturday without a reservation. We were pleasant surprise when the greeter told us we could have a table almost right away, just a couple of minutes waiting. We were less impressed when the other greeter gave our table to a party that arrived after us..

After some time in the bar we got a table in the red room which was nice.

Three of us had the Seafood Bayoubaisse and wasn`t impressed. My girlfriend had the duck and liked it very much. But for what we were paying I was expecting more.

The server who was very busy and didn`t have much time for us managed to put the gratuity on the check for a party of 4. Which I`ve never experienced before. Probably it was because we were foreigners. He would have gotten the 18% anyway, but I think that was rude.

• Visited August 2013