“Back in Virginia and dreaming of Muriel's”

Muriel's Jackson Square
Reserve with OpenTable
Muriel's Jackson Square is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 2,033 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: St. Ann
Description: The Bistro at Muriel’s Jackson Square offers New Orleans classics like Gumbo, BBQ Shrimp, Oysters "Muriel", Turtle soup, Fried Gulf Shrimp Po-boy, Crabmeat Imperial, Shrimp Remoulade & contemporary Creole cuisine like Pecan Crusted Drum & Wood Grilled Tuna while the Courtyard Bar is the perfect place to drop by for drinks & appetizers. The Séance Lounge is the place for a relaxed, comfortable meeting before or after dining. Comprised of two areas, The Outer & The Inner Séance, the Séance also tells the story of a mystic & checkered past. The Outer Séance addresses the New Orleans era of Storyville & when Muriel's Jackson Square was one of the French Quarter's best bordellos! The Inner Séance is the preferred domain of the resident ghost, Pierre Antoine Lepardi Jourdan, & is the perfect spot for an intimate conversation & a drink amongst its plush surroundings.
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Visited Muriel's for the Coolinary special in August and was blown away by the impeccable service (great job Mark!) and fabulous meal. The bread pudding is to die for!

1  Thank Mariner65
Write a ReviewReviews (4,663)

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We were a party of five @ Muriel's. The crepe appetizer was excellent, and the pork chops were amazing. The service was great, too. The only complaint is that the dining room acoustics were not good...it was very noisy. If I went again I would ask to sit in the bar area where it seemed quieter.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

The waiter made me do it! This is French quarter elegance. Great location. You will feel special here. Had the double pork chop with sweet potatoes and candied pecans. Yum. Worth it!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Husband and I had lunch here on a Saturday. I had the stuffed mirliton and hubby had the blackened catfish, both delicious! Best bloody mary we've ever had.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We ate at this restaurant on the recommendations of many, including New Orleans locals so I think we must have had one of the most halfhearted servers employed there. We actually went back during the day time to grab drinks and take a break in the seance lounge and the bartender was very friendly, drinks were good and the space was fantastic. Dinner on Saturday night was good - the vegetable dish a friend had looked spectacular, but alas she did not know what she was eating because our waiter did not explain what all was on the plate and much was unidentifiable. My appetizer of goat cheese crepes and shrimp was determined the superior dessert by our group of three ladies. Out of the desserts, the blondie with ice cream, which was like a fudge brownie, was the winner. The food was good, but not phenomenal and the service was the main thing. For three ladies who like to visit, the meal dragged on and on. Our beverage waitress took care of us more than our food waiter did. Despite being right by the water station, it was hard to get ice water. When we were all clearly ready to have our plates cleared, it took forever for this to happen even though our waiter kept walking nearby. Dessert drinks came after dessert even though ordered at the same time. The restaurant decor is pretty and I would love an excuse to have a meal in the upstairs wine cellar. We will definitely go back for drinks in the seance lounge as it is right by good shopping and has a neat atmosphere. The problem with New Orleans is that there are so many great places, I don't know that I would go back for dinner after this experience. I might try to get the crepe appetizer and drinks and then move on somewhere else. I would not tell others to avoid this restaurant based on this review, but the service was disappointing and what we ordered was not so amazing to make it worth taking so long to complete our meal.

2  Thank Frogtraveler23