“four words - double cut pork chop.”

Muriel's Jackson Square
Reserve with OpenTable
Muriel's Jackson Square is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 1,989 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: St. Ann
Description: The Bistro at Muriel’s Jackson Square offers New Orleans classics like Gumbo, BBQ Shrimp, Oysters "Muriel", Turtle soup, Fried Gulf Shrimp Po-boy, Crabmeat Imperial, Shrimp Remoulade & contemporary Creole cuisine like Pecan Crusted Drum & Wood Grilled Tuna while the Courtyard Bar is the perfect place to drop by for drinks & appetizers. The Séance Lounge is the place for a relaxed, comfortable meeting before or after dining. Comprised of two areas, The Outer & The Inner Séance, the Séance also tells the story of a mystic & checkered past. The Outer Séance addresses the New Orleans era of Storyville & when Muriel's Jackson Square was one of the French Quarter's best bordellos! The Inner Séance is the preferred domain of the resident ghost, Pierre Antoine Lepardi Jourdan, & is the perfect spot for an intimate conversation & a drink amongst its plush surroundings.
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Seriously, if I was a food critic on the show "Best Thing I've Ever Ate" this pork chop as well as the pecan glazed sweet potatoes would be on my list. Superb. The staff was excellent. Rarely do you get what you pay for anymore, especially in a touristy spot, but this place does not disappoint. We had a perfect seat by the window and the atmosphere was incredible. One of the best places we dined in NOLA.

1  Thank FortWorthZim

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Head inside, grab a drink from the friendly bartender, then sneak up the stairs (past the haunted dining table) and take a seat on the balcony overlooking Jackson Square. Enjoy the night air and the show below!

1  Thank VBHokie82
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Ok, when you look at the right side of the menu, remember that you are in Jackson Square, the heart of tourist traffic. However, even so, the prices are comparable to nearby restaurants, and the food is just as good. We went on a recommendation from the folks working in The 1850 House. They also told us stories about how the building was haunted.
The portion of seafood gumbo may initially look small, however it was quite filling and with just a bit of the Muriel's hot sauce, met my standards. The Muriel's hot sauce also played a role in making the roast beef po' boy that much better. My wife had a mint julep she found to be quite good, a compliment from someone born and raised in the south.
After lunch we asked about the ghosts. In fact, there is a table in the back of the main dining area where the staff places two plates of bread with glasses of wine for a couple of the haunters. So, ask your server if he or she has seen any ghosts. Our server said she had seen a little boy. We were then invited to look upstairs, where there is an elegant private party dining room as well as another larger banquet room. Just off those you will find a couple of lounging rooms in which you can sit for a moment and hope to have that ghostly experience.

2  Thank 2WanderingSouls
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I didn't dislike my meal at Muriel's but I can't say I would go back either. The setting is great, an old home in the heart of the French Quarter, but the food just doesn't live up...the entrees at least. The appetizers I enjoyed, the escargot, the turtle soup...both unique experiences that I relished. The main meals...not so much.
My wife ordered the pork chops after the server repeatedly raved about the being the best thing on the menu. They were just ok, not really great, not really worth the price tag.
I had the bayoubaisse. {sic} Not great.
I really wanted to rave about this place but I won't. It was a good meal, but there are far better places to dine in New Orleans.

1  Thank rloza
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Ok, don't love crawfish but took advice from another traveler and went to Muriel's to try the crepes. YUM!! Didn't do a real lunch; just a bunch of appetizers in the little garden bar area (which was lovely) and everything was very good, as were the drinks. I heard the food was also great but didn't have a chance to try it. But we'll be back!

1  Thank Twinkles18