“Mediocre”

Tujague's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Tujague's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #150 of 1,932 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Biloxi, Mississippi
“Mediocre”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Five of us ended up dining here on NYE when we hadn't made reservations elsewhere. Had a great time in the bar downstairs....which i do recommend for the ambience. Very cool bar. Shrimp remoulade had a strange, untraditional sauce, beef brisket was delish, my filet was ok, and the bread pudding was just so so. Nice staff.

1 Thank mudpuppy_17

Chicago, Illinois
“Christmas day reveillon lunch was classic New Orleans”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

We had the reveillon meal at Tujague's on Chritmas Day. The service and food were both very good, and there was a LOT of food. Tujague's has a vibe that is VERY New Orleans and it was a lovely way to spend Christmas afternoon.

• Visited December 2012
San Antonio, Texas
“Grasshopper drink invented here.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

2nd oldest restaurant in New Orleans. Didn't eat here because it was a 7 course meal & wasn't that hungry but did have a grasshopper. Bar & mirror over the bar were fantastic pieces. Stop in at least for a drink if not a whole meal.

Visited December 2012
atlanta
“I'm calling American Express!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Took my children to NOLA for Christmas. We met up with some friends and had Christmas dinner at Tujagues. I'm sorry we did. Whereas they accommodated our large crowd of 8 in a private room, the quality of the food was atrocious.

For $40 per person, we got 5 courses of blob on a plate.

The steamed shrimp was thankfully not over cooked but it came on a few strands of cut romaine and smothered in remoulade.

Beef brisket was a good menu selection; I'll give that to the chef. But again, it was only palatable because of the sauce that smothered it.

The orange soup was a decendant of crab and I want to say carrots. This too was nothing special but the main course of this prix fix dinner was turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce and sweet potatoe soufflé. All was thrown on the plate with no garnish and my plate had water in it; obviously assembled (that being the key word here) and left to sit on the counter. A steamed veg would have been a great complement to the plate and palate.

The bread pudding was soggy and scooped out of the pan with an Ice cream scoop. No one finished it.

The stairway banisters hadn't been wiped down or painted in 20 years. I never made it to the restaurant bathroom but unfortunately, that's where I spent the rest of the night as my body purged the nasty ness of Christmas dinner 2012.

I've been to Mess Hall dinners that far outweighed my experience at Tujagues. It may be the oldest restaurant in the US but the only draw to this place is the nearly 300 year old mirror behind the bar. So, note to self; when the restaurant write-up doesn't boast about the food, move on. As for tomorrow, it will thankfully, finally just be a memory.

Calgary, AB, Canada
“An Interesting Restaurant with Character”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

On my last night in New Orleans, I went into the bar of this restaurant. The bartender, Jennifer, told me that this was the oldest restaurant in New Orleand and it certainly looked like it. I found that the food was terrific and the service was excellent. The bartender displayed the Southern hospitality every one hears about but also really knew the menu and what microbeers were available. The price wasn't good as well. I paid 15.00 for a meal that might have been more in other places in the Quarter and perhaps not as good. This is one of the best places to stop off at when you are in the Big Easy and then perhaps head out down to Frenchmen's Street(not Bourbon) and hear some real authenitic New Orleans jazz, blues, and rockabilly music.

• Visited December 2012