“Lovely little place off the beaten track but on the streetcar line”
Review of La Crepe Nanou

La Crepe Nanou
Ranked #197 of 2,034 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Reviewed October 4, 2013

This is a big cab ride expense -about $12 from the French Quarter but an easy 1 block walk over from the streetcar line. This tiny restaurant, reminiscent of the ones in Paris, is tucked away in an almost-all-grand residential area. The food is delicious, as is the ambience and wait staff.
Get off the main list and go here for a glass of Lillet, wonderful pates, escargots, and a crab crepe. My husband devoured the whole fish special. Finish with some glasses of their Rhone wine and you will think you are in Paris except for the French conversations around you. Delightful!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I've lived in New Orleans and, as anyone who has been there knows, the competition among good restaurants in the Big Easy is stiff. Regardless, when my wife and I are looking for a restaurant to celebrate a special occasion, or simply to make an ordinary meeting into a special occasion, this is our favorite place to go.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

The wine was great, the cheese board was delicious. I had the onion and cheese crepe for dinner, my comanion had crab and spinach. Everything was wonderful. We went on a weeknight so had no wait. I am defintely coming back.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

When one mentions crepes, many people think dessert. And some people think New Orleans is a French city. Both are only half-truths, at best. La Crepe Nanou serves main-dish crepes and dessert crepes with equal aplomb and without the least redundancy. Regular patrons have their favorites, but experimentation at this neighborhood restaurant is not too risky. Small and intimate, the place is a bit quirky (in a warm, ersatz-French sort of way). Service is informal but efficient. Even if you don't like crepes you can dine well and with assurance at La Crepe Nanou. But if you pass up the (dessert) crepe marron you will have missed an opportunity for a bit of bliss. As for New Orleans? Well, it was settled by the French, but you won't hear French spoken there--many of the residents even struggle with the proper pronunciation of French names. But if you close your eyes for a moment, while sipping a post-prandial Calvados (not to be missed), you might feel momentarily transported to a Paris bistro. Bon appetit.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I read a lot of reviews saying the place was always crowded, had long waits and rude employees. I have to say my experience was exactly the opposite. For one, the restaurant is adorable. It has a very easy, romantic and comfortable vibe to it. Our waitress as well as the hostess was very, very friendly, as were all the other people who worked there that we encountered. And then probably what's most important, the food was amazing. I wanted to go back again but they were only open for brunch on I think sunday. And we experienced no wait time, we were seated right away. Really good experience and I would recommend it to anyone who is visiting New Orleans. One thing to keep in mind is that it's a bit outside of the tourist area, so if you don't have a car it would be a bit of a journey. Coming from the french quarter it took us about 12 minutes to get there via car.