“My favorite restaurant in New Orleans!”
Review of La Crepe Nanou

La Crepe Nanou
Ranked #300 of 1,939 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Asheville, North Carolina
“My favorite restaurant in New Orleans!”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I've lived in New Orleans and, as anyone who has been there knows, the competition among good restaurants in the Big Easy is stiff. Regardless, when my wife and I are looking for a restaurant to celebrate a special occasion, or simply to make an ordinary meeting into a special occasion, this is our favorite place to go.

• Visited September 2013

New Orleans
“Charming and Delightful”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

The wine was great, the cheese board was delicious. I had the onion and cheese crepe for dinner, my comanion had crab and spinach. Everything was wonderful. We went on a weeknight so had no wait. I am defintely coming back.

• Visited September 2013
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Not just for dessert”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

When one mentions crepes, many people think dessert. And some people think New Orleans is a French city. Both are only half-truths, at best. La Crepe Nanou serves main-dish crepes and dessert crepes with equal aplomb and without the least redundancy. Regular patrons have their favorites, but experimentation at this neighborhood restaurant is not too risky. Small and intimate, the place is a bit quirky (in a warm, ersatz-French sort of way). Service is informal but efficient. Even if you don't like crepes you can dine well and with assurance at La Crepe Nanou. But if you pass up the (dessert) crepe marron you will have missed an opportunity for a bit of bliss. As for New Orleans? Well, it was settled by the French, but you won't hear French spoken there--many of the residents even struggle with the proper pronunciation of French names. But if you close your eyes for a moment, while sipping a post-prandial Calvados (not to be missed), you might feel momentarily transported to a Paris bistro. Bon appetit.

• Visited April 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Good food, lovely restaurant”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I read a lot of reviews saying the place was always crowded, had long waits and rude employees. I have to say my experience was exactly the opposite. For one, the restaurant is adorable. It has a very easy, romantic and comfortable vibe to it. Our waitress as well as the hostess was very, very friendly, as were all the other people who worked there that we encountered. And then probably what's most important, the food was amazing. I wanted to go back again but they were only open for brunch on I think sunday. And we experienced no wait time, we were seated right away. Really good experience and I would recommend it to anyone who is visiting New Orleans. One thing to keep in mind is that it's a bit outside of the tourist area, so if you don't have a car it would be a bit of a journey. Coming from the french quarter it took us about 12 minutes to get there via car.

Visited August 2013
Louisiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Are we in Paris”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have been dining here for over 20 years, the atmosphere and food makes you feel you are in France. The mussels are my absolute favorite, I also love the crabmeat and spinach crepes. Get there early as they do not take reservations and they wait can be long.

• Visited February 2013