“Average in a city of great dining”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of La Crepe Nanou

La Crepe Nanou
Ranked #287 of 1,932 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Average in a city of great dining”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Went to La Crepe Nanou after 4 nights of eating some really outstanding meals in New Orleans. The restaurant has a lovely, old world atmosphere and the servers are incredible to watch, moving like a group of dancers in and out of the tables. The problem is that the food, although above average, was just not as good as other restaurants. It's hard to eat a bad meal in New Orleans and La Crepe Nanou was definitely not bad. But it doesn't rise to the occasion in a city of wonderful dining. If I was a native and lived close by, I could see dropping in for a meal. For an out town visitor, there are other places to visit.

• Visited November 2012

Memphis, Tennessee
“Local Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

We visited friends in Metairie who took us to this Uptown eatery. The name may include "crepe" but ii's far more than that. I had the Tropical salad which was a delight, with hearts of palm, artichokes, avocado. The salmon crepe was excellent as were the lamb chops, veal, filet and sweetbreads. Service was excellent.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank MandMDen
New Orleans, Louisiana
“One of a kind experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Get there about 20 minutes before it opens, there will be a line.
Fabulous food! Nanou is a chef who sailed over to the U.S. from France in a boat, and when he got here sold the boat and started a restaurant in the 1980's. Start with the cheese Fondue and a bottle of wine. It is like no other Fondue I have had. All of the Crepe's are good, but my favorite is the roast chicken. I ask for it with Bernaise sauce. You can get to this place by taking the St. Charles street car and then walking two blocks.

Visited September 2012
Dallas, Texas
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

I wasn't sure what to expect, but it far exceeded anything I had been imagining. My sister took me here one night and we ordered two cocktails (hers was something with Gin and mine was a Kir Royale- delicious) and crepes. I ordered the Crepe au Poulet and she ordered the Crepe Bourguignonne. Both were so good that even after we were full we kept eating because we couldn't bear to leave any on the plates! Definitely going to be one of my new favorites.

Visited August 2012
New Orleans
“Keep expecting it to be great, but it's not.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

This is a restaurant who's name, location, building, and theme position it to be a unique and excellent experience, but the food just doesn't measure up. The crepes aren't BAD, they're just mediocre. The same is true of most of the other dishes. Four of us dined this particular night, and none of the dishes impressed.

Further, little changes over the years. There is little innovation or effort with the menu. OK, the mussels and frites are good, but that's a pretty simple dish. I will continue to visit every year or two, but if it lived up to its potential it would be a regular stop.

• Visited August 2012