“Good steaks” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse

Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #80 of 1,920 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Bourbon Street
Wheatland, Wyoming
“Good steaks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

We enjoyed our steaks,(filet and rib eye) though couldn't say they were anything extraordinary. Servers were very good, polite and efficient. Creamed spinach was super rich, left a bunch behind. Asparagus was excellent. Wild mushroom saute is excellent as well, should have each gotten some (we shared side dishes).

Visited April 2013

“Great service and food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband had the Napolean salad, it was the best ever! Entrees excellent and service was the best we had in New Orleans! We sat at bar waiting for a table where the staff was excellent and efficient on a very busy night!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Maryville, Missouri
“Best Pecan Pie ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

I don't even recall my main dish...all I remember is the best pecan pie I've ever had. Would go back just for that pie. Mmmmmm.

Visited April 2013
Ottawa, ON
“Nice bar and decent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

I had been here before for dinner with friends and had good meals but the food can be heavy at times and dinner adds up.

More recently I have done the happy hour a couple of times weekday afternoons when I was by myself and it was good for a quick snack before dinner somewhere else. Cocktails (martini and arnold palmer?) and small plates are $5 each at happy hour. I like the crab purse but would give the skewers a pass and the tempura shrimp was okay but coating not as flaky and light as I like. Some of the specials are decent and I think there was a curried crawfish empanada.

It is a good steakhouse but I tend to prefer seafood while in NOLA.

Ocean City, Maryland
“There are better options”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

We had previously eaten at the Burbon House and loved it so we thought we would try another Brennen's resturant. I actually thought I was making a reservation for the origional Brennen's rather than Dickie Brennan's but by the time I realized my mistake it was too late to change. We thought it was just okay. It was pretty pricy for so so service, so so steak, and so so sides. There are better places in the quarter and just outside (Mr. John's was a great option just a short streetcar ride from the quarter)!

• 2 of 5 bubbles