“Cheeseburger In Paradise”

Margaritaville
Cuisines: American, Bar, Grill
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: Margaritaville New Orleans – once a state of mind is now a state of being and a landmark in New Orleans’ French Market. Margaritaville embraces the mythical world defined by the insightful lyrics of singer/songwriter Jimmy Buffett for over three decades. Characters both local and from prose and poem create an entertaining atmosphere that brings to life the search for the legendary lost shaker of salt. From the Tire Swing Bar to the Deja Vu Dining Room, Margaritaville is a colorful tableau of New Orleans Culture and Buffett philosophy.The island-inspired menu offers something for everyone with American and regional favorites and, of course, signature Margaritas. The Storyville Tavern features free live music daily from 3pm.
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Situated between Decatur Street and N Peters Place, this is a smaller version of the popular Margaritaville restaurant chain which provides a more intimate dining experience. Themed as per its larger chain establishments, the menu reflects the local cuisine of New Orleans including dishes of Jambalaya, Shrimps, Cajun, and Po’Boy. A great atmosphere is created with music provided by Jimmy Buffett and other star names on MTV. Margaritaville is always a good value guaranteed dining experience and this restaurant in New Orleans is no exception.

CourtneyGuestService, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritaville, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

charles s – We love to hear that you can always expect great food, value and fun when you’re in Margaritaville! Thank you for coming to see us in New Orleans and we hope to see you back in paradise soon!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

This place is surprisingly good quality for the price, better than a lot of the older, more established restaurants in New Orleans.

CourtneyGuestService, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritaville, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Adam L – We are so pleased to hear our food and quality exceeded your expectations. Thanks for stopping by and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Rum Apocalypto: ask for it by name. Typical of all Margaritaville's, this is a great place to get hammered with friends. The more, the merrier. Food is good, with huge portions- of everything!

CourtneyGuestService, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritaville, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

PiratewannaB - The more the merrier...words to live by in Margaritaville! We love that you had so much fun at our place and we hope to see you back for more great times, good eats and boat drinks soon!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Had the pleasure of going to Margaritaville in New Orleans on Friday September 7th, 2012. Took my sister, mom, nephew and myself to the Cafe. As a Jimmy Buffett fan, if there is a Margaritaville in a city I'm visiting then I visit. My nephew was curious about the second level(closed during lunch time) and the manager Mark let my nephew(He is 8) and myself upstairs to view all the memorabilia. This is the second Margaritaville and it is full of pictures, records, tickets and everything related to Jimmy Buffett. Mark gave my nephew and I the full history of the place, back stage stories, upcoming events, and answered all the questions we had. He was awesome and my nephew still talks about going upstairs and sitting in the tire swings. Awesome place and a great time.

Our server Jess was fantastic, she took great care of us and kept the food warm while my nephew and I looked upstairs. She made my nephew feel like he was the only on in the place and kept the drinks coming for the adults. She helped make the trip worthwhile and between her and Mark, I could not have had a better visit.

I've been to several Margaritavilles and this is by far the top restaurant of the ones I've been to. The history through the memorabilia only makes this a must see destination. I highly recommend the Landshark Lagers and the "Whose to Blame Margarita" Mango Margarita..Looking forward to the next trip.

The Smugglers Cove has plenty of items specially designed for New Orleans. Eating before visiting the store gives you a discount or if you eat first then you still get a discount in the store...

CourtneyGuestService, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritaville, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Fresnoboz - Thanks for visiting us here and for always finding your way to Margaritaville! Especially since you have been to so many of our locations, we are very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed our decor and history. We're happy Mark was able to take you and your nephew on the full tour, sounds like we have a parakeet on our hands! Your kind words will be shared with the entire staff and we hope to see you all again soon. Fins Up!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We've eaten at Jimmy Buffett's many times but probably won't go back for awhile. They seem to be having some problems right now. Waiters and bartenders were swamped so service was too slow. They were almost out of the wine I wanted so served half a glass and charged full price for it anyway. Out of coconut shrimp. Kids meal is Kraft Dinner instead of homemade mac and cheese. Too expensive to take a large family with so many problems going on - go somewhere else.

CourtneyGuestService, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritaville, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

mary d - We are extremely sorry to hear that this was your most recent experience with us. We want our guests to always expect an exceptional time when they walk through our doors, so our sincere apologies for failing to meet the standards we previously set with you. These comments will be taken to heart by our staff. We don't want to lose you, so we're on it!