“Last Dinner In NOLA”

Neighborhood: French Quarter
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Last Dinner In NOLA”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I stopped here for dinner on my last night in NOLA. I had been eating nothing but traditional New Orleans food all week (gumbo, jambalaya, etc.), and it was time for a change. The last night in NOLA is depressing, so I had my favorite comfort food - Italian. I had chicken Parmesan with linguini. It was delicious, period. The staff were attentive and very courteous. The food was very well prepared, and the portions were good. This is a small restaurant, which adds to the overall ambiance, along with the seemingly endless versions on the walls of the famed painting "Mona Lisa". By this I mean everything from copies of the original, to those by children, even those featuring the characters from "Peanuts". You will like this place.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank kayak120

New Orleans, Louisiana
“30 years plus”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We have been eating at Mona Lisa for a little over thirty years now. Always excellent and friendly. Very cozy ( not a code word for small) in a comfortable homey kinda way. Food consistently delish.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Jesse S
New Orleans, Louisiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious”
Reviewed November 5, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I don't eat here often because I'm not big on Italian food but when I do I'm always happy. The stuffed shells are great!

Visited November 2013
California
“Could hear each other talk”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Nice to be able to converse in a small restaurant. Simple but clean and good spot by window. Not in main area of Frence Quarter so away from all the noise but close enough. Good service. The food was hot and fresh. From
Pizza to delishious pasta and lots of seafood on pasta which was a treat. The only complaint is that all the food we had was over salted. When we go again I will ask for less salt. The price was reasonable. And the main course comes with nice salad. If you get pizza the sundried tomatoes in my opinion made the other ingredients without taste as sundried tomatoes are too strong and I think added salt. I would not get them. But we will go back.

• Visited October 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Cozy and Delicious”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We ate our faces off 2 of our 7 night vacation this year. Why didn't we find this years ago? Great food, friendly staff, world class art:) I'm an artist and they didn't hang up my crayon drawing, but I guess I must have slopped yummy sauce all over it. We'll be back every time. Yeah I know, Italian in the French Quarter? They're better than a lot of the affordable seafood places. LOVE IT!

• Visited October 2013