“Camellia Grill is Fantastic”
Review of The Camellia Grill

The Camellia Grill
Ranked #145 of 1,990 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Neighborhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Reviewed August 2, 2005

We looooooved this place. It's a little diner and you sit on stools and eat fantastic hamburgers and other diner food, and they have this drink called a chocolate freeze, which is kind of like a milkshake but more icy and refreshing and it's fantastic. I was traveling alone with my three boys and this was the perfect place for us. You can get there from the quarter by streetcar and you'll see beautiful homes along the way.

3  Thank Schradermom

Reviewed June 25, 2005

Very unpretentious, diner style restaurant. The food was good, and the prices were awesome!

2  Thank clkhls3x
Reviewed May 7, 2005

I first went to the Camellia Grill based on a review in a travel book. I had 3 friends with me, and we all loved it! I had a cheeseburger, fries, and a chocolate freeze, which is like a slushy chocolate shake. Trust me... ORDER ONE! My whole meal was delicious.

It's all counter service, and the service is excellent. The servers have great personalities, and from what I understand, most of them have been there for years and years. To get there, DON'T take a cab. Take the St. Charles streetcar. It's cheap and scenic.

5  Thank barney01
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 19, 2005

My husband and our best friends ate here over the St. Patty's Day celebration this past March. We all enjoyed our meals, I had a ham an egg sandwich, it was delicious! My husband had an omelette, it was so huge it was unbelievable plus it tasted great. On our way out I ordered a milkshake to go to enjoy on the street car ride back. Although the most memorable part of the journey to Camellia's won't be the food because our streetcar ran into a car!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 4, 2005

My husband and I have been to New Orleans 6 times. This was our first visit to Camellia Grill. Sorry to say, we weren't that impressed. I had the pecan waffle which was dry and flavorless and my husband had a more conventional eggs, bacon and fries.
The wait staff that work there are friendly, entertaining and aim to please. We got there early when they were low key but as soon as the place started to fill up, they started the show with the cryptic and colorful food ordering to the cooks.
I would go there again and try another menu item just to watch the action if nothing else.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member