“Always worth the trip”

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Neighborhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Everything here is good, and the portions are huge, and the staff is often hilarious. I had a bacon omelet as big as my head for breakfast one morning, and the best damn red beans & rice I have ever had in my life for dinner one night. Go in & get yourself some quality comfort food & a fist-bump.

1  Thank RobinB1

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Located on a corner in The French Quarter allowed great views of passing people and parades. New Orleans versions of diner classics were great. Wait staff were welcoming and humorous. Prompt service, clean and attractive! If I lived nearby I'd be a regular.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I have been going here for 40 years and I always love the food. I recommend the chicken salad sandwich with crispy bacon. YUMMY!.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Our server, an older African American fellow, reminded us that whatever we do in this world, when we do it with passion it becomes special. We stopped in for the pecan pie late at night during the French Quarter Jazz Festival but they were sold out. We will go back and try again given the high reviews. Instead we had the banana cream pie and coconut pie. The first was outstanding! We were so impressed with the level of service and the other food we saw coming out that we will be going back tomorrow for breakfast! Reasonably priced, good quality, old style diner menu.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

We gave this place a try after reading all the other positive reviews and we weren't disappointed. It was fun to listen to the chatter behind the counter and watch the cooks on the line put the food together. The burgers were great and the staff were friendly and helpful. We got seated right away and had our food in a matter of minutes. Good food and great prices!

1  Thank Kris G