“Loved the Joint”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Neighborhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We actually found ourselves in Camellia Grill by accident. We were told that this area had lots of little shops to poke around in although unfortunately that might have been before the hurricane. That said, we had noticed that some others from the trolley headed straight into this restaurant so we followed to check it out.
We had some omelette's and just loved it. The atmosphere was great, service was excellent and great value for our money. We didn't think about the butter being used in the cooking, but the food was fantastic and really hit the spot.

1  Thank Open_Road_333
Write a ReviewReviews (1,023)

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Much like the diner's we have here in New Jersey, but on a much smaller scale. Service with a smile to say the least. We were there for breakfast...certainly not gourmet fare, but a good hearty breakfast at more than reasonable prices.

1  Thank Mindy B
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

A fantastic joint to hit up when in NOLA. I enjoyed chicken and waffles, while the others opted for omlets...we all loved our meals. The staff yells out the orders from the counters to the chef at the flat top...miraculously the chef gets it all correct! Joey waited on us... He was flirty and would not tell me what Butter Love is...I asked 3 times...he's a tight lipped one. I took his word and slathered it all over the waffles...glad I did!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We eat here a lot, we eat at the Uptown location and the location in the French Quarter. Both are excellent! Food is so good and the staff are friendly and always entertaining. For a good show, visit the uptown location, and ask for Marvin! He's the best! At the French Quarter location, be sure to ask for Ricky. You won't be disappointed! Depending on when you go, you will probably have to wait for a seat, but you will be so glad you did!

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I stop at Camellia Grill every time I go to NOLA. The legendary Marvin cracks me up every time. I recommend getting an omelette. Don't be deterred by the line out the door — Camellia Grill is a popular spot precisely because it's worth the wait.