“They Care - and it shows” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brigtsen's Restaurant

Brigtsen's Restaurant
Ranked #130 of 1,920 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Owens Cross Roads, Alabama
“They Care - and it shows”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

If you are looking for authentic New Orleans cuisine, you have found it. This is a cozy, authentic jewel and the staff really care to make sure you have a good time. Everyone at my table loved their food. Service was friendly and impeccable. One caution. The menu tends to the exotic. Rabbit, Crawfish, etc. are plentiful and abundant. As an almost vegetarian I was frantically searching for something to eat. I ended up with a salad, which by the way was excellent. The chef is so good, my only wish is that they add some chicken and vegetarian dishes to the menu. I would love to see what he can do with them.

When you arrive, be sure to save room for dessert.

A lot of other reviews have complained about food coming out staggered. Ours was just a little staggered, but not a big deal. We felt as if we were guests in someone's home and the food came out when ready. It was part of the charm. We never felt awkward and the staff is simply excellent. You would doing yourself a disservice not to check out this New Orleans, --no-- national jewel.

Visited February 2014

Gurnee, Illinois
“Could have been perfect, but....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

Had a lovely dinner here on a Thursday night. We started with the terrific gumbo. I had the seafood platter (six very different tastes); my wife had blackened tuna, perfectly done. The setting is lovely, formerly an elegant home. It is on a quiet street uptown. The hostess was gracious and welcoming, the server accommodating.

But.... one lapse ruined it for me. After my dinner plate was brought out, it was at least five excruciating minutes before hers was. I was not going to start until she was also served. So my food was not as hot/fresh as it could have been. There was no real acknowledgement/apology from the staff. This really isn't OK when spending $150+ for dinner.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
sunnytraveler2
“Simply excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

The rabbit appetizer and shrimp remoulade could not be better. The marriage of flavors, texture, and presentation reminded me of the delight of each plate in a Paris Michelin 3 star. The reservations fill quickly but the gracious owner expertly senses and fulfills all needs and wants of their clients. An excellent restaurant and restaurateur, It is the quintessential New Orleans experience.

MV
“Outstanding Service in NOLA Afterall”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

Chef Frank I LOVE YOU! After I learned of Chef Frank's colleague's, who he trained under, how he gives back to the community, my appreciation for him grew even more.

French Quarter Customer Service has really gone downhill. At Brigtsen's, they show you love as soon as you walk in. We were greeted with a big smile and a warm welcome. This is a small converted home with several intimate rooms and corners near the River Bend (literally).

Since there are enough fabulous reviews here, praising the food, making your mouth water, I'll just agree with how fabulous his cooking is and move on. Don't get me wrong, I love his food. But I also want to focus on the attention we were given. After Katrina, Service in town has dwindled. But not here. It's family run, more or less in a very professional manner. What is a great dining experience? Yes the Food but the Service too.

Thank you Chef Frank and your fabulous Team for making our dining experience simply outstanding.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Mobile, Alabama
“Great night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

We had an absolutely fabulous dinner here Saturday night. From Mrs. Brigtsen at the front to Chef in the back we could not have had a better night. They made us feel like we were in their home! Hats off to them and their staff. We will be back!