“Outstanding meal - Wonderful service.”

Brigtsen's Restaurant
Ranked #112 of 1,997 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Reviewed April 30, 2008

What a great experience. TripAdvisor reviews were right on target. One of the finest meals my wife and I have ever had anywhere. I had roast duck with cornbread stuffing while my wife had a Mahi-Mahi filet. Both were just outstanding, well prepared and seasoned. Service was prompt and friendly. Be advised - make your reservations early as they are hard to get.

Texas travelers....

Reviewed April 19, 2008

We went to see the Sugar Bowl. Met Sara on the plane who told us about Brigtsen's. Absolutely wonderful. Rooms were cozy, diners were friendly, staff really really nice with service that I haven't seen in ages. Food was superb. I have recommended this restaurant to everyone. Thank you Sara.

Reviewed April 13, 2008

A wonderful evening in New Orleans! As a party of eight, we arrived for our reservation and were immediately seated to a lovely round table in a cozy and intimate room. Everything was fabulous the entire evening... service, atmosphere and excellent food. We could not have had a better time, and the entire staff made us all feel warm and welcome. This is truely a southern gem that should not be missed when wanting a taste of New Orleans. Make your reservations now!

Reviewed March 19, 2008

Again, a wonderful meal here. I might mention they haven't had the early bird special for a couple of years now. However, his careful personal presentation meals are priced conservatively, making them less expensive than many other fine dining restaruants in town. I hope he doesn't raise prices if he reads this.

Everything we've had here, about our sixth time now, has been worthy of his James Beard chef award status. This is fine dining without the price inflation some other New Orleans reataurants have posted post-Katrina. Yeah, that and because a couple of New Orleans chefs enjoy celebrity status. Don't expect me to ever pay that premium to partake in their fancy-dancey restaurants.

Any New Orleans repeat traveler seeking finer dining,who hasn't dined at Brigtsen's should seriously make a reservation. Why splash money around just for the sake od spending it? Take a break from those of fancy reputation who do charge considerably more.

3  Thank NM_Bill