“Crazy ridiculous”
Review of Commander's Palace

Commander's Palace
Ranked #28 of 1,948 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Garden District
Battle Ground, Washington
“Crazy ridiculous”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

McDonald's, this is not. I heard about the place through the past season of Top Chef, and everything surpassed my expectations. I had a seat next to the proprietor of the place, TI Martin, who was also on Top Chef. It was like the food gods had totally blessed me.

I didn't want to leave!!! Best dining experience ever!

• Thai first
  • Turkish first
Pine Plains, New York, USA
“Classy Southern Charm”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We had brunch on a Sunday and it was fabulous. The staff at Commanders Palace pay attention to the details. They don't miss a beat. The food was as delicious at it was beautiful, and it was stunningly beautiful. The atmosphere was fun and lively. A three piece band moved from table to table playing some great tunes.

We had the Pork Belly Apple Pie which was the perfect salty and sweet combination with a creamy goat cheese sauce. The House Cured Salmon Flatbread was almost too pretty to eat but too delicious to let go to waste. Our entrees were the Cochon De Lait Eggs Benedict (the pork was so amazingly fabulous I cannot even begin to describe it) and the Black Angus Beef & Eggs also delicious. A side of the Bacon Cheddar Biscuits were too tempting to pass up and worth every calorie. For dessert we had the Triple Chocolate Truffle Terrine and the Creole Bread Pudding Soufflé. You wouldn't think that bread pudding could beat chocolate but somehow it did. I really don't know how they do it. But I'm glad they do.

Dining at Commander's Palace is an experience not to be missed. I highly recommend it.

Fayetteville, Tennessee
“AMAZING!”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We picked this restaurant based on reviews...YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED!!! We had a few hours before our cruise departed & wanted some GOOD food....You will find it here!!! Save room for the Strawberry Shortcake...absolutely the BEST EVER!!!

1 Thank Anna_momof5
Home, PA
“Commanders Palace - Excellent Brunch”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Brunch - $95 for two. Great atmosphere - 3 piece band played to most every table. Service was great, quick. Food was excellent. Turtle Soup (first time) was great; Smoke Louisiana Seafood Croquettes and Pecan Crusted Gulf Fish was great. Good Neighborhood. Short Taxi ride from French Quarters. Would repeat.

1 Thank GSadler20
chicago, ill
“An icon in the restaurant industry”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I've traveled all over the world, eaten in some of the best and Commander's Palace will always be one of my all time favorites. This was my third visit to Commanders.
From the low, soft lighting, to the impeccable service, tasty, fragrant and delicious food, wonderful wine you feel as if you have stepped back in time. We never felt rushed or unattended. The treasure of Commander's is of course, as it should be, the food. I had the shrimp and grits and I loved every mouthful. The bread pudding souffle was also lovely. Order in advance. They offered a fixed prix three course dinner. My husband had fish in a broth of distinct and tasty veggies. He loved the turtle soup. Dottie Brennan, one of the owners stopped by for a chit-chat and we so enjoyed her lively conversation. Thank you for providing a wonderful dining experience. People often ask me to name some of my favorite dining experiences and Commander's Palace is always right there. Don't go if you are expecting it to be inexpensive, go because you are expecting it to be elegant and tasty.

1 Thank travelqueen10151