“Wow, what a treat”
Review of Commander's Palace

Commander's Palace
Ranked #28 of 1,990 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Garden District
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Where do I start? The salad, the entrée, the dessert or the Hot Buttered Rum. No, probably the service deserves top honors. Their attention to detail reminded me of the service at the culmination dinner of my week of cooking school at La Varenne at the Greenbrier many years ago. The wait staff and all others were totally dedicated to the guests and the service was outstanding. Now to the food. We were either fortunate enough to choose the best thing on the menu or there were just no bad selections to be made. The Hot Buttered Rum at the conclusion of the evening was to die for. The entire experience was exquisite.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Our group of four dined at Commander's Palace for my husband's birthday. The service was impecable with several people tending to our every need. Every course was well presented and delicious.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Ate here on a Friday night at 6:30 pm. The food itself was very good. However, the restaurant was very loud, hectic, and rushed. Not a relaxing dinner. Go elsewhere. The locals told us that Commander's Palace is decades past its prime.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

We visited Commander's Palace on a recent trip to New Orleans to celebrate my husband's 40th birthday. We were welcomed by each staff member as we came in and were seated, as requested in our reservation, in the garden room. The service was wonderful. Little details such as choice of napkin color, replacing of the water glasses halfway through, serving each table's entrees in unison and attention to specific requests really made this restaurant stand out in terms of service.

My husband is more of a "meat and potatoes" kind of guy and he was a little apprehensive of the menu offerings. However, the waiter and kitchen worked with him on the filet option and presented him with a meal he enjoyed very much. I enjoyed the trio of soup appetizer and the pecan encrusted gulf fish was delicious. The dessert was good, but not my favorite part of the meal. I had the bread pudding souffle and my husband had the chocolate and vidalia onion ice cream (which was surprisingly very good). I would definitely recommend this restaurant as must at least once in your life!

Reviewed November 16, 2013

The food is very unique and good quality, service is good as well. Not cheap, but great for special occasions.