“Now THAT is how to start off a Sunday!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Commander's Palace

Commander's Palace
Ranked #14 of 1,835 Restaurants in New Orleans
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Garden District
“Now THAT is how to start off a Sunday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Incredible food and fun! The band that played just lifted our spirits. And the attention to service...wow! Will return soon!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank cosette_88

• Thai first
Ocean Springs,MS
“Elegant Old New Orleans Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

The lunch a friend of mine and I had recently had Commander's Palace is one of the most memorable and delightful meals I have ever experienced. We arrived 30 minutes after our reservation time (we tried to call and explain but never got through)...and we were warmly welcomed and whisked right to our table. We were escorted by a friendly young man, through the kitchen, where all staff smiled and spoke, to a small dining room that overlooked the courtyard. Our waiter addressed me by my name, seated us and placed our napkins in our laps and proceeded to bring our water and garlic bread. I chose the Commander's martini...(they have several martinis at lunch that are 25 cents each...YES 25 cents) and it was a beautiful blue and quite delicious. I chose a 2 course lunch option, and had the Cochon de lait over crawfish boudin with pickled vegetables accompanied by a Commanders house salad. The salad was large and filled with bacon, cheese, croutons and a light dressing. Very satisfying. The entree was spicy and the pickled veggies with the pork was perfect. (16.00)
My friend had a 3 course entree...which included gumbo, quail, and bread pudding souffle.
(32.00). (All delicious!) I tasted the bread pudding souffle and it was perfect...The atmosphere was quiet, elegant and relaxing. The staff was courteous and pleasant and friendly. I felt very pampered and enjoyed a very delicious and well presented meal in a beautiful old New Orleans setting..... I look forward to returning to this fabulous restaurant!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Gulfcoastgirl_8
San Francisco, CA
“Always the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

It's hard to write what has not already been said but I cannot think of many other restaurants that have such consistently excellent service and food. The restaurant is very fairly priced and every meal I have had there is memorable.

Visited June 2013
Chicago
“Once in a lifetime experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Our tour guide arranged for a group lunch after a garden district tour and it was an amazing experience. We had a sampling of many different dishes that included their turtle soup and bread pudding. Our guide and the Commander Palace staff treated us incredibly well and it was truly one of our trip highlights

Visited May 2013
1 Thank maddyChicago
Sam F, Manager at Commander's Palace, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for the kind review. We're so happy you enjoyed your trip to Commander's Palace. Please visit us again!
Wallasey, United Kingdom
“Just as splendid as my memories”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

One of several restaurants I wouldn't miss on a visit to New Orleans. Favourite dishes this time - the shrimp and tasso starter, the justly famed turtle soup, the pecan crusted gulf fish. We couldn't resist the bread pudding and were glad we didn't. Our friend declared the Commander's was as fine as anywhere he'd dined in Paris.

• Visited June 2013