“Perfection: the perfect dining experience.”
Review of Commander's Palace

Commander's Palace
Ranked #29 of 1,964 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Garden District
“Perfection: the perfect dining experience.”
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We originally had dining reservations for an evening dinner, however our plans changed and we found ourselves in the neighborhood near this restaurant at noon in a Sunday. Even though we were underdressed, the front staff treated us respectfully and seated us promptly. Being a first timer to Commanders Palace, I was uncertain we they lead us through the kitchen. This lead to the patio area dining, which was very comfortable and refreshing. Our service then started with the head waiter and several assistants. After having dined in dozens of the worlds best restaurants, I have never been as professionally and wonderfully attended to as the staff here. The meal was without blemish. My entree was the daily catch. For additional atmosphere a 3 piece group was meandering around the room playing NOLO jazz and requests. These men were wonderful and talented. Neither too loud or obtrusive.
I still have to wonder: did I dream this or did it actually happen, it was so completely perfect. This is one meal for the ages!

2 Thank aebone2

• Thai first
  • Turkish first
Stockton, California
“Excellent food”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We had a delicious lunch sitting outside in the courtyard. Beautiful weather, attentive service, and 25 cent martinis.

Visited March 2013
Leonia
“We loved it! Courtyard is lovely”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We loved this place. A friend recommended it us. Keep in mind this is not in downtown french quarter and we had to take the street car but it was very easy. The Saturday brunch was amazing with fresh strawberries and mimosas, bellinis or blood mary's. The courtyard was beautiful and the band was great. Really made our day. I loved the bread pudding souffle but my friend had the strawberry pudding and that was great too. We saw lots of people ordering the turtle soup but I had the salad with pistachio crusted goat cheese and this really delicious dressing. Don't miss this place. It is THE place for new orleans brunch.

1 Thank TravelGirl23
Chicago, Illinois
“Classic - Not to be missed”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a restaurant that should be on everyone's must do list when visiting New Orleans. While pricey I feel it's well worth it. The food is top notch and the service is wonderful. This is a classic restaurant in a town full of great restaurants. Located in the garden district, it can be reached by cab or the St. Charles streetcar. Get dressed up and experience this bit of history and don't forget to order the bread pudding souffle for dessert.

Carmichael, California
“Wow!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

What a wonderful experience! We were a little leary about going there because we had been at another highly touted restaurant and were very disappointed in the food. Our lunch was wonderful. We started off with an appetizer which we shared, called Crawfish Boil Beignets which were scrumptious. I ordered their commander's 3 course selections which was a classic Creole Luncheon. It started with Creole Gumbo and then wonderful Sugar Glazed Beef Short Ribs. These were not just ordinary short ribs, they were exquisitely prepared. Then the meal was topped off with Creole Bread Pudding Souffle' which was a delicious and very memorable dessert. My friend ordered a lovely salad. She opted for the Crawfish Grilled Cheese which came with a cup of grilled corn& smoked basil soup. She enjoyed her meal, but I think I made the better choice.For her dessert she ordered the Lally's Praline Parfait. We did share desserts.She enjoyed her meal, although I think I made a better choice. The service was impeccable but not intrusive. One of the highlights was the 25 cent martini's, no slouching there. They were large martini glasses and there was a choice of three different kinds. You could order up to theee at that price. What a deal! Yes, it was pricey, but a wonderful experience.

1 Thank beachbabes512