“Lives up to the Hype” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Commander's Palace

Commander's Palace
1403 Washington Ave, New Orleans, LA 70130-5798 (Garden District)
+1 504-899-8221
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 1,842 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Garden District
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Lives up to the Hype”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Frankly, This restaurant would need to be superlative to live up to all the hype. It was!

We went on Thanksgiving evening and it was packed. Yet service was incredible. ALL of the servers were very attentive whether they were responsible for our table or not. The food was even better than I anticipated. The venue is part of the experience. It is steeped in history and is truly massive by restaurant standards. one of the public staircases leads you from the second floor down into the kitchen. INTO the kitchen. The chef's were all very nice and professional directing us through the kitchen to the exit.

This restaurant has launched some VERY famous chefs (Emeril Lagasse and Paul Prudhomme for instance) and it is easy to see how. Rarely to I look at a menu and EVERYTHING looks good. I honestly felt cheated after I ordered because I knew I couldn't try all of it.

NOTE: If you ask for their dress code they will say that coat and tie are encouraged and jeans are discouraged. I would NOT wear jeans here, you will feel very out of place. I would not say a tie is a necessity, however, I would have felt awkward if I were not wearing at least a sport coat with a collared shirt and slacks.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank WellTraveled282

• Thai first
Dallas, Texas
“Saturday Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Second recent trip and it was perfect. CP took a dip awhile back but I have to say my recent experience at CP for Saturday Brunch has been excellent.

• Visited December 2012
New York
“best restaurant ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

we eat out a lot and by far this was the BEST restaurant experience i ever had. the food was great, the service impeccable, the ambiance wonderful.

Visited October 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wow - Service even more exceptional than I remembered”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I took a friend for her first Jazz Brunch this past Sunday. The staff could not have been nicer. My friend made many special requests, and they fully met every one. We both loved the food. I was touched by the staff's care to accommodate my food allergies when I ordered. We had a great time eating on the courtyard. They didn't rush us at all, and we enjoyed a leisurely two hour meal

Visited December 2012
1 Thank tilda54
NYC
“What an Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Commander's is everything you could hope for. Fabulous local specialties, wonderful ambience, attentive and gracious service. And don't miss their Crescent City Cooler!

Visited November 2012