WINNER WONDERLAND

“Commander's Palace - Old World Elegance in New Orleans” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Commander's Palace

Commander's Palace
Ranked #25 of 1,873 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Garden District
Redondo Beach, California
“Commander's Palace - Old World Elegance in New Orleans”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

Commander's Palace. Everyone said "it's a must". "Home of the Banana's Foster". We" had to go"...
So we did and had yet another fabulous meal in New Orleans.
While looking over their very extensive and well thought out wine list or should I say "book of wines", we made our selection.
Being that we were still a little full from lunch we opted to share their Autumn Pumpkin Salad (It could have been my dinner it was so delicious). I enjoyed the Pecan Crusted Gulf Fish with Prosecco Poached Louisiana Gulf Crab (finished every mouth- watering bite) and tried my daughters' Candy Apple Lacquered Quail (I was so happy she ordered this as I was very curious) equally outstanding!
I appreciated that our server(s) were both very attentive and let us relax and slowly enjoy our meals. We ended our lovely dinner with a bang as our server flambeed their famous Bananas Foster at our table. We licked our bowls clean, they called for a taxi and we called it another memorable night in New Orleans.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank RBeachMom

• Thai first
  • Turkish first
California
“Wow! Service extraordinaire.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

From the moment you enter, you will be treated like you dine there daily. Everyone remembers your name, pays attention to each and every detail of your dining experience. The food is fabulous. Enjoyed two meals there in our 4 days in New Orleans, a delightful birthday dinner and scrumptious Sunday Jazz brunch. Have fun!

Usa, Japan
“Best Food Every Time - Also Perfect for Lunch after Lafayette Cemetery Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

Except for our homemade Smoked Duck Gumbo this place has the very best Gumbo I have ever had.
I have been here at least once for every trip to New Orleans. Why not?
The lunch option is best value.
We combined it with 10:30am Lafayette Cemetery Tour (by Save Our Cemetery).
I love their 75cent martinis.

Always choose the Turtle Soup (see photo).
Everything else is optional.
We like walk through the kitchen to the bar and courtyard area (come early and have a drink in the beautiful garden.

I certify that I have no personal or business relationship with this establishment, and have not been offered any incentive or payment originating from the establishment to write this review - BUT Chef Tory McPhail is probably a distant cousin.

Key West, Florida
“A highlight of our trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

we recently spent a week in New Orleans. We booked several fine restaurants for luch rather than dinner--many menu items the same, and we get to try more of them for the money. When we arrived, hostess addressed us by both first and last name, led us through the kitchen to our table ( a treat for my chef husband) Glad we were seated in the glassed atrium room--front dining room seemed crowded and loud. Service throughout our four course decadent lunch was impeccable--friendly yet supremely professional.

The turtle soup takes three days to make and you can taste it--such depth of flavor in all of the dishes. My drum (local fish) was nothing short of amazing--succulent, perfectly done and with excellent acompaniments. Do pre-order one of their fabulous desserts (bread pudding souffle with whiskey sauce was superb). Only thing keeping me from a full-on 5-star review was my husband's duck confit was dried out--it's cured in duck fat--how can a confit come out dry? All in all, a highlight of our trip and well worth the money.

• Visited October 2012
Rocky River
“The Best..........”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

This was a throw back in time for my visit. Ten years have past and and pretty ladies have come and gone in my life. It was great to see this grand Cammander has kept it's opulence. Impressive with its quality and service. The Garden District with all the wonderfull homes. Your sences fill with wonderment of a time gone by. History WOW. This is fine dining and worth a evening of enjoyment for two. Make this PALACE a must see,feel and touch to your heart.