“I'm gonna feed you like a baby bird”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Irene's Cuisine

Irene's Cuisine
Ranked #24 of 1,933 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Tallahassee, Florida
“I'm gonna feed you like a baby bird”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Ok, the title of this review is what the waiter told my wife after a long night with some seriously difficult surrounding tables. We ordered dessert with a request to remove the raspberry sauce. An order was delivered with the sauce - no biggie - it was GREAT. But when our waiter brought to one without the sauce, he told my wife if she didn't eat it he would feed her like a baby bird. It was so funny and really capped a great night at Irene's.

The food is amazing. Everything, from appetizers to dessert. We both had the lamb and it was totally awesome.

This place is a little out of the way in the French Quarter - but seems very popular with locals.

You have to eat here. This place is really a MUST!!!

I recommend the escargot as an appetizer and definitely get the lamb.

Leesburg, Virginia
“A must!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

We made early reservations and were seated right away. The service was excellent and the food was outstanding. It's a very small restaurant and, as we were leaving, people were being told it would be an hour wait (on a Wed). There is a nice piano bar while you wait, but I would suggest reservations. This was the best meal we had in New Orleans!

Visited March 2014
“Escargot for the first time. Mmmm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

I ate here on 4-5-14, and the food was great. Me and a couple friends were able to get a table right away, but there was a wait, so keep that in mind. I had the escargot for my appetizer, and it was delicious. Our waiter Sonny took great care of us, and was very knowledgable about the menu. The food is great, and I even heard a rumor that the place us owned by real mobsters. True or not, it's a nice touch. Try it out

Houston, TX
“French Quarters most comfortable dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

There are so many excellent restaurants in the French Quarter, but Irene’s is good food, good service and very comfortable surroundings. I have known Irene for years, so maybe I’m biased, but I always go there on every visit to New Orleans.

Visited March 2014
Columbus, Ohio
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

It's a great place if you like home style Italian food. The food was delicious, the service was great and the atmosphere was cozy and relaxing. I wish I could have eaten here a second time!

Visited April 2014