WINNER WONDERLAND

“local fare” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Irene's Cuisine

Irene's Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Irene's Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 1,873 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Laguna Beach, California
“local fare”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I love Irene's but they do not take reservations and there is usually a wait but you are surrounded by colorfull people, mostly locals. You can smell garlic around the corner. Yumm!

Visited May 2013

Metairie
“Great meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I didn't love my entree either, as someone else stated. The waiters were great, and the rest of the meal was great. My husand's entree was delicious. The waiters were singing; I just love singing waiters! Definitely make reservations, and leave early, as there is no place to park.

Tomball
“Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Second time, and same great experience. Staff knows their menu like they cooked it themselves. Tucked away like an old London tobacco shop, it might fool you from the outside. Two visits, and we have brought two other couples, and not one thing was less than superb. Knowing how good they are, they weren't arrogant about it like some places - you actually feel like they are glad to have you there.

Dallas, Texas
“Be prepared to wait even with a reservation!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

I have been going to Irene's for years. The food is always good. However, the attitude from the staff is terrible. I always make a reservation. Most of the time I have had to wait 15-20 minutes PAST the time of my reservation for a table. The last time it was 30 minutes. It makes you wonder why you even bother making a reservation. Coupled with the attitude from the staff...it makes it hard to go back with all of the choices in town.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“OUTSTANDING + SUPERB RESTAURANT IN NOLA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

IRENE'S was recommended by a local, he told us that we couln't leave NOLA without try this FANTASTIC Restaurant, that IRENE'S was a MUST DO, a real true New Orleans Landmark. So in our last night we decided to make a reservation there. Everything went Perfect since the beginning , the Service was FANTASTIC!!!, our dinner was REAL GOURMET!!!.
Our 15 days in NOLA were wonderful, the only bad point was the hotel that I chose, but I take that as an experience to learn and to be left in the past.
My wife and I feel New Orleans is our City, we LOVE IT. We'll go there again.