“Very memorable”

Irene's Cuisine
Ranked #24 of 1,932 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: French Quarter
“Very memorable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

We arrived on a rainy night without any reservations but only had to wait a half hour before being seated. Upon being seated our service was just excellent. My wife and I love Italian and we were not disappointed at this restaurant.

Orlando, Florida
“TERRIBLE.....TOURIST TRAP!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Well, we waited 45 minutes to be seated and we had a reservation. They never apologized and just made lame excuses that other patrons were taking too long to eat. Anyways, after we finally did get seated, we got our menus. On our menus there were very few traditional pasta dishes available. I had to order spaghetti and meatballs off the appetizer menu, they did offer to make it an entree size. My boyfriend ordered the Ricotta and Spinach Ravioli off the appetizer menu. He was told that they would make it an entree size, they gave him four raviolis. Our food tasted like we ordered it at the local mall italian restaurant. It was HORRIBLE and very acidic! The restaurant is crowded and loud. Not romantic at all.

• Visited February 2013
New Brunswick, New Jersey
“No pasta?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

As a vegetarian, Italian restaurants are usually reliable for veg-friendly food. My food was awesome, but how can I return when I have no variety? Sunny was the best; he truly attempted to accommodate me. The ambiance was romantic and I left full. Definitely save room for the bread pudding, which is like 3 desserts in one, complete with cinnamon whipped cream, iced cream, bananas with bananas foster sauce....mmmmm. Add some simple pasta dishes so I can come back each week!

1 Thank Nancy138
Kansas City, Missouri
“My favorite meal in NOLA this trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

We ate at several wonderful restaurants in New Orleans, but this was my favorite. Cozy, atmosphere, wonderful food and waiters. We started with the Escargot (stuffed in mushrooms - yum!) For entrees, I had the fish almandine (made with a local black drum) and my husband had the cioppino (San Francisco style fish stew). We will definately return. I had read that sometimes there is a long wait, but we walked right in on a Wednesday night.

• Visited January 2013
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

Had the best meal from drinks to dessert it starts when they open the door and greet you until the time they say thank you! food, service and atmosphere A++++++++ ! So awesome make a reservation or expect to wait a little but worth it completely

• Visited January 2013