“Bar was great, food not so”
Review of Emeril's Delmonico

Emeril's Delmonico
Reserve with OpenTable
Emeril's Delmonico is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 1,948 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Garden District
Cross street: Erato Street
Transit: Streetcar stop at Erato Street
Description: Located on the famed St. Charles Avenue streetcar line, Delmonico, the legendary, century-old institution, is an icon in the restaurant industry and has been a cornerstone of traditional Creole dining since 1895. Reopened by Emeril Lagasse in 1998 after an extensive historic renovation, Delmonico continues today serving a modern style of Louisiana's Creole cuisine with Emeril's warm style of service in a grand setting.
chicago,ill
“Bar was great, food not so”
Reviewed November 27, 2009

I really do not usually write sub par reviews, but my wife and I enjoyed visiting this classic spot and having a couple of drinks in the bar. Bar is nice, happy hour a bargain and bartender very fun. We decided to stay and dine, and we both wish we had passed it up. We decided on four of the various size plates. We had BBQ shrimp, salad, gumbo, and rabbit crepes. All were WAY over salted! I thought maybe we messed up and should have went with signature steaks but the table next to us complained the steaks were too salty too! I loved Emeril's gumbo, Delmonico's was sub par sorry! Anyway my advice is stick with the bar and happy hour, but dine elswhere for now.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Jackson, MS
“Bam!”
Reviewed October 8, 2009

We had an overall great experience at Emeril's Delmonico while visiting New Orleans for a short weekend trip. The atmosphere is nice with a lot of neutral colors that seem very cozy and clean. We sat upstairs where the dinig room was pretty full but we still had no problem hearing each other or the music that was playing.

We ordered an appetizer, which was a crab cake and it was delicious but pretty small ($10) and also another plate came out with the crab cake that we learned was ceviche, which we didn't order. We told our waiter and he said "It's on the hizzouse. That's how we roll. enjoy." We really liked our waiter and it was totally fine that he was casual with us in his response. He was still very polite and all of the wait staff did a great job.

We think we figured out the mix up when the "ceasar" that we ordered never came...our waiter must have thought we said "ceviche" instead of ceasar.

The entrees (redfish and a filet with mushrooms) were wonderful!!

The only thing that surprised me was the fact that a door in the ladies room was missing on one of the stalls. I assume it is a special order product that is holding up the replacement, but still...surprising to see at a place like Emeril's.

Wausau, Wisconsin
“I kid you not, the deserts here are the absolute best. Even the cookies and milk are over the top!!!”
Reviewed October 3, 2009

Houston, TX
“FAIL”
Reviewed September 17, 2009

I do not really like to write too much but I felt that I had to do thid one.
The restaurant is too expensive for the quailityof the service it offers, and when you consider these limitations:
1. Waiters and the Matre do not have the minimal idea how to take care of customers. The are nice and polite, but nor professional at all. The do not know how to serve water, give cutlery, bread, etc.
2. The food is god, but just that, good
3. The very first bread was fresh, but the next one, at leas one day old
4. Te butter is very poor in quality and freshnes
5. I invited for diner to my girlfriend and both were disapointed and surprised when we saw the scoop of ice cream in a plate with an little candle over it that these people served to us for the happy birth day song purpose. We could not believe that. Very bad moment and I felt bad to her
6. In general, the people that work in the restaurant do not have the minimal trainnig in the exclusive restaurant manners neither in costomer service in food stuff.
if you are looking for special moment in an expensive and exclusive restaurant, this is NOT tha place, is not a choice for this poor quality overall.

1 Thank jacostau
Birmingham, Alabama
“Great starters”
Reviewed July 26, 2009

We enjoyed our meal, the tried the waiters suggestions for starters, pork cheeks, BBQ shrimp and rabbit crepes. All of which were fabulous. Steaks were cooked as ordered, medium rare. All in all a good meal.

1 Thank MEGDAVE