“Mmmmmmm good”
Review of Emeril's Delmonico

Emeril's Delmonico
Reserve with OpenTable
Emeril's Delmonico is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 1,980 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Garden District
Cross street: Erato Street
Transit: Streetcar stop at Erato Street
Description: Located on the famed St. Charles Avenue streetcar line, Delmonico, the legendary, century-old institution, is an icon in the restaurant industry and has been a cornerstone of traditional Creole dining since 1895. Reopened by Emeril Lagasse in 1998 after an extensive historic renovation, Delmonico continues today serving a modern style of Louisiana's Creole cuisine with Emeril's warm style of service in a grand setting.
Reviewed August 26, 2014

The food was excellent. I had the 12 oz steak which for me is a little to much, wish he would have an 8 oz. would be better. Had the bourbon ice cream, oh so good. My friend had the lamb very good, my sister-in-law found something in her soup so was not a happy camper. The problem I found is getting out of this place, very small room, and I am heavy just like the owner. Had a hard time getting between tables, people did not even want to move so I could get by. I wonder what Emeril does???

Reviewed August 26, 2014

Disappointed in the taste of the 4 courses that we ate here-even sending the 2nd one back because it was way too salty! My main course was a fish covered with a tomato based sauce that just did not pair well. The major disappointment was the crime brûlée, one of my favorites. Apparently the chef found it necessary to spruce up the traditional dish with the addition of chocolate??

Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

With great anticipation my group went to this establishment. The staff were excellent. However they did forget to bring the cheese selections. The appetizers were flavorful and interesting. Nothing subtle. The pork chop was good as was the stuffed flounder. The drum was served raw which was unpleasant and I did receive another but my meal arrived while others were finishing their desserts. It wasn't worth waiting for when it did arrive and I didn't want my guests to wait so I ate to satisfy my hunger . Would like to try again but in New Orleans so many restaurants and so little time!!!

Reviewed August 20, 2014

I've always wanted to dine in one of Emeril's restaurants and it finally happened on this visit to NOLA. Reservation was easy to make and for it being Mothers' Day, it was not crazy busy & the food was excellent. We normally shy away from dining out on big holidays due to limited menu & crowds but I was pleasantly surprised, but then again, this is Emeril's. I had Snapping Turtle Soup as an appetizer & it was one of the best soups I've ever tasted; even my picky spouse loved it so I had to share. The entire dining experience was delightful & remarkable and our server was attentive & charming. Bam... I'm a lucky lady!

Reviewed August 18, 2014

We have Emeril's friendly outdoor hostess to thank for our visit. Walking past on our way home to our hotel Saturday night, we stopped to chat with her out on the sidewalk. I told her I'd have loved to dine at the restaurant, but we didn't get the chance and were leaving the next morning.

She encouraged us to drop in anyway, if only for a piece of toasted coconut lime pie. And so we did. And it was fun.

The waitress at the bar area where we were seated seemed a bit taken aback at our puny request for pie and tea, which made us feel a bit uncomfortable and resulted in the less-than-excellent rating. But she recovered her grace and the staff were generally brimming with expressions of welcome.

The pie was just...well, let's say I wish that, only for that night, I'd been with someone other than my health conscious, fitness buff friend, and not had to share.

We also enjoyed listening to resident pianist Ron Jones.