“Great service and steak!”
Review of Emeril's Delmonico

Emeril's Delmonico
Reserve with OpenTable
Emeril's Delmonico is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 1,980 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Garden District
Cross street: Erato Street
Transit: Streetcar stop at Erato Street
Description: Located on the famed St. Charles Avenue streetcar line, Delmonico, the legendary, century-old institution, is an icon in the restaurant industry and has been a cornerstone of traditional Creole dining since 1895. Reopened by Emeril Lagasse in 1998 after an extensive historic renovation, Delmonico continues today serving a modern style of Louisiana's Creole cuisine with Emeril's warm style of service in a grand setting.
Reviewed March 7, 2013

My wife and I ate here on February 29th. Love having a place with valet parking...especially in NOLA. Right off the St. Charles trolly stop. Beutiful old building with many nooks and crannies. (still can't get over that you actually have to walk through the working kitchen to get to some dinning rooms - seen that in other NOLA places. Weird. Not going to happen in NYC....board of health would go crazy) The service was on the ball from meal to drinks to water....never a partially emoty glass. I am a meat guy. I started with a choice of 3 apps - all home made meats - county pate (needed a little seasoning), sopresstatta (nice spice and taste), and a deliciouse pastrami duck. My wife had the BBQ shrimp app and a hugh chopped salad. I went for the in house aged bone in rib eye. Cooked to perfection. It had a great aged taste and cut like butter. Highly reccomend it. Not a cheap meal. Everything is alla cart too.

Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

I read some reviews for the restaurant and I am scratching my head! Our service was excelled t and the food divine! My appetizer artichoke stuffed with crab meat was out of this world and filet melted in my mouth. Others had scallops and duck and both raved. I would definitely go back but might ask for a room in the front although if you are seated in be back you have the neat experience of walking through the very busy kitchen!

Large wine selection

Hustling atmosphere

Would go back!

Reviewed March 2, 2013

If you want to sample an Emeril's, try the other one. Really noisy, crowded, food OK, nothing to set it apart or to return for. Waitstaff very pleasant, friendly. Interesting floor plan, thank goodness for great friends to share the evening with so that we still have great memories.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Delmonico could be or once was a destination restaurant, however with all the choices of places to dine in that price range I was underwhelmed.. The people were very friendly almost to a fault; my wife didn't need to be escorted to the Ladies Room by the waiter and was a bit unnerved. They seemed to be working really hard though. The food itself was okay but not what you would expect from this level of establishment. Our dinner was complex in its construction and pleasant to the eye but nothing hides a cold steak, overcooked lamb or grit in the scallops.

It might have been a bad night but I don't really care because it was my night to be there.

I have eaten at a few of Emeril's locations with great success and am glad I went to Delmonico, however I will not be returning and felt it important that you know about our misfortune
Cheers

Reviewed February 15, 2013

The food was excellent as was the wait staff. However, what makes a dining experience extraordinary are the little things. We had made reservations weeks ago. We were dressed appropriately. We were seated in a back room with a room divider and felt like we were a last minute add on-seated with all the people who had jeans on. There were very obvious stains on the tablecloth. And, the background music was a loud Micheal Jackson album.
Disappointing because we've been to Emeril's on Tchoupatoulis several times and loved it. We will not be returning to Delmonicos.