“The best Tuna ”

Sat, 9/25
8:00 PM
Ranked #1 of 1,876 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Bourbon, Dauphine
Transit: Bienville & Rampart
Description: Experience the cuisine that has created raving fans of local diners and national and local food critics alike. Executive Chef Michael Nelson and Chef/Owner Tenney Flynn ensure the highest quality seafood by flying in products from around the globe and featuring only the best from local waters - both at their seasonal peak. This commitment to freshness and variety are two of the many reasons GW Fins prints its menu daily and has received numerous glowing reviews in The Times-Picayune (4 beans), Food & Wine, Southern Living and Esquire magazines. We look forward to serving you soon so we may learn what you think.
Reviewed September 30, 2019 via mobile

So the menu is printed daily depending on the catch of the day. Also they reserve half the seats for walk-ins, the other half is for reservations.

I had the swordfish it was good, but the yellow tail was amazing the best I’ve ever had.

Tip: On Saints game day they open at 3:00.

2  Thank Ashle8181
Write a reviewReviews (8,092)

Reviewed September 30, 2019 via mobile

Absolutely great place for seafood - everything we ordered was delicious (lobster dumplings, ceviche, swordfish and yellowfin tuna). The bread pudding was fantastic as were the cocktails. Would go back in a heartbeat.

1  Thank AnniK_K
Reviewed September 29, 2019 via mobile

The restaurant was highly recommend by two people.The wife and I made reservations for dinner. We where very happy with the place.Kenny was our server he came recommend by the doorman Malcolm. We would recommend this restaurant.

2  Thank adventures4angelo
Reviewed September 28, 2019

This was our favourite dining experience in New Orleans. Everything was perfect — the food, the wine, the ambience. The service was impeccable. Every item we ordered was more delicious than the next. If I could eat those lobster dumplings every day I would. A must visit! Will definitely come back next time we're in New Orleans!

Date of visit: January 2019
1  Thank jessica6754
Reviewed September 28, 2019

I visited GW Fins during their Lobster Fest week in September.

The specials were creative. They add a bunch of appetizers and a few entree options to their menu that makes it almost impossible to decide.

I tried the Lobster Carbonara appetizer that was served up as gnocci with lobster chunks, pancetta, and parmesano. Very, very good.

For the entree, I tried the yellow tail tuna (check out the pic), with sticky rice and vegetables. Excellent.

As I mentioned in my previous review, GW Fins is in the conversation for one of the top restaurants in New Orleans. In the French Quarter, they are now my #1 recommended restaurant. If you're in town for 1 night, you can't go wrong dining there.

1  Thank Tony L