“OMGoodness !!!!”

Sun, 7/21
8:00 PM
Ranked #2 of 2,219 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Bourbon, Dauphine
Transit: Bienville & Rampart
Description: Experience the cuisine that has created raving fans of local diners and national and local food critics alike. Executive Chef Michael Nelson and Chef/Owner Tenney Flynn ensure the highest quality seafood by flying in products from around the globe and featuring only the best from local waters - both at their seasonal peak. This commitment to freshness and variety are two of the many reasons GW Fins prints its menu daily and has received numerous glowing reviews in The Times-Picayune (4 beans), Food & Wine, Southern Living and Esquire magazines. We look forward to serving you soon so we may learn what you think.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was tops on our list of places we ate. It was delicious and then some! We started with the lobster duplings. It was so good that we spooned up every bit of the sauce that we could get. We tried one of their Poolside summer drinks , delicious ! Never knew coconut rum could make such a difference. I had the house specialty fish dish, tasted like lobster and scallops with a perfect sauce. My husband had the beef (I know at a seafood restaurant) and it was fantastic! Melt in your mouth perfectly cooked, slightly smoked. We did not have dessert because our plates were completely empty and we were full. It may seem a little expensive, but it was worth every penny. Best meal while we were there !

Date of visit: June 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (7,464)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have eaten here many times before and looked forward to this dinner. We had the lobster ravoli which was very good . I ordered the Scalibut which was not to my liking . The fish was mealy and overcooked . I sent it back and had the Red snapper instead which was better . Nothing wowed us . They did present us with a nice little chocolate desert for our anniverary . On another note the woman at the next table ordered the Scalibut also . My husband said she took a bite , made a face and didnt eat more.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This was our first dinner in New Orleans and it didn’t disappoint. We chose GW Fins to celebrate our wedding anniversary and the table was decorated with glitter with a red rose. They also gave us a menu with our names printed on it, so that was very thoughtful.
The food and service was excellent. From the presentation to taste, it was all A+++. I ordered the tuna and it was rare, as it should be. My son had the swordfish, my husband had the halibut, and my other son had the sheepshead fish. All were prepared so well, to include the lobster dumplings, which we ordered a double of.
All in all, a wonderful dinner and we will definitely return the next time we visit New Orleans.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We had fun at the bar. We had fun in the dining room. The staff is well-trained to deal with NOLA revelry. They put up with a lot! I'm looking at you, Marley. Delicious food. Tasty cocktails. This is a nice restaurant, not a FQ dive bar. Shout-out to Doug who mailed my guy the hat he left behind! Doug went above and beyond to pack up the hat and find a UPS drop-off in the French Quarter to make sure we got the lucky hat back. I cannot thank him enough! Stop in here when you are in town. It's a lovely reprieve from the chaos of the Quarter. Classy and fun! We will definitely be back.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Great food, service and atmosphere. Food is made to order with many delicious options. Highly recommend, we will definitely be returning.