“Lives up to the hype”
Review of GW Fins

GW Fins
Reserve with OpenTable
GW Fins is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 2,105 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Bourbon, Dauphine
Transit: Bienville & Rampart
Description: Experience the cuisine that has created raving fans of local diners and national and local food critics alike. Chef Tenney Flynn (two time winner of "Chef of the Year" in New Orleans Magazine) ensures the highest quality seafood by flying in products from around the globe and featuring only the best from local waters - both at their seasonal peak. This commitment to freshness and variety are two of the many reasons GW Fins prints its menu daily and has received numerous glowing reviews in The Times-Picayune (4 beans), Food & Wine, Southern Living and Esquire magazines. We look forward to serving you soon so we may learn what you think.
Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

I had big expectations going in here. They absolutely delivered! I sat at the bar and started with some wine. Marley the som was very nice and helpful. I had a great civeche appetizer and the the scalibut as my main. Wow! Outstanding meal, well prepared with very strong service. I even had a nice port to finish up the night.

This is one of my new favorites in NOLA.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,761)

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

We had reservations to celebrate our anniversary and we were seated in the back room with a two ladies who were terribly annoying. Luckily, they were not there the entire stay.

The serving staff was excellent. They provided top notch service, the right amount of attention, and they were knowledgeable and kind. Our server, Alexis, was patient and funny- going through the menu with us and helping us choose the yummiest items.

We started with the carpaccio, which was excellent. For my main, I had the scalibut. It was well executed but needed a touch more salt. My boyfriend had the swordfish and he found it enjoyable.

Only complaint, when we entered the restaurant and shared our reservation information, the gentleman at the counter pulled it up and made an inaudible comment to the hostess next to him. She stated to walk off and then he told us to follow her. It was an awkward moment that could have been easily avoided if he had just communicated a bit more. For example, "I found your reservation" and /or letting us know to follow the hostess instead of us standing there for first awkward moment as she walked off.

Reviewed August 19, 2018

Another review--we keep coming back. Excellent does not begin to describe this place. If you are a fan of fish (or even if you are not, you will be) you have to have dinner here. Every dish is so fresh that you'd swear that it was caught it that day--most likely it was--they print their menu daily depending on what fish are available. Don't forego and appetizer; each one is a culinary experience. Every fish entree is also an experience. Unsure of what to order? Ask you server--they meet with the chef to discuss the day's menu. I'm still amazed at the prices--you'll pay far more less quality elsewhere.

Reviewed August 19, 2018

Incredible food, knowledgeable and professional staff. Great seafood options and delicious biscuits. The staff went above and beyond to celebrate my husbands birthday

Reviewed August 17, 2018

Daughter and I made our reservation ahead of time and were excited to try out this number one ranked dinner restaurant in this foodie city. I think that our expectations might have been just a bit too high.

We arrived on time for our reservation and were seated almost right away. Our waiter was excellent. No complaints whatsoever about the service. It was perfect but not stuffy. We loved the biscuits that came as the bread. They kept refilling our plates with them so we asked at the end (they were too good to waste) if they would please pack them up for us to bring home. They kept insisting that instead they would give us fresh ones. We said no, we didn't want them thrown out. So instead they packed the ones from our plates and then gave us a whole container of fresh ones! So nice!

As an appetizer we ordered the lobster dumplings. The were very good. Be aware that they are on the rich side. For our main we both ordered the Scalibut. Somehow they press halibut and scallops into one block. Personally I found the texture of this a little off putting.