“No reservations”
Review of GW Fins

GW Fins
Reserve with OpenTable
GW Fins is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 2,018 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Bourbon, Dauphine
Transit: Bienville & Rampart
Description: Experience the cuisine that has created raving fans of local diners and national and local food critics alike. Chef Tenney Flynn (two time winner of "Chef of the Year" in New Orleans Magazine) ensures the highest quality seafood by flying in products from around the globe and featuring only the best from local waters - both at their seasonal peak. This commitment to freshness and variety are two of the many reasons GW Fins prints its menu daily and has received numerous glowing reviews in The Times-Picayune (4 beans), Food & Wine, Southern Living and Esquire magazines. We look forward to serving you soon so we may learn what you think.
Reviewed August 27, 2014

5 stars just because we were standing at the bar after they said that there were no reservations and gave us a table for a cancelled reservation at 8:30. Beer selection is average, food was excellent. Thanks for the great customer service.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,229)

Reviewed August 26, 2014

Wow, based on all the gushing here we really expected something amazing but our experience was ordinary.
While the soft shell crab and gumbo were good - they were average.
The shrimp salad was not good.
The Swordfish and mashed potatoes were very good but small portions.
As others have said - the best part of the meal was the tasty little biscuits that came on a regular basis.
The service was very good but we waited forever for our food.

1  Thank rickbalz
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Did a little research prior to traveling to New Orleans and although it was never the top choice on any of the "lists" I consulted. it was mentioned in all of them. It requires a reservation at least 4 days in advance to guarantee your desired time so plan ahead. Crummy approach (typical of New Orleans) but elegance once inside. I had my mind set on a particular dish but after being interrogated by the waiter, I followed his recommendation and did not disappoint. The grilled swordfish with a glass of Belle Glos pinot noir (my choice) was amazing followed by the creme brulee. Very expensive but worth it.

1  Thank Billy M
Reviewed August 24, 2014

I come from seafood country and this is by far my new favorite seafood restaurant in the US. They will cater to kids as well as we had our eight year old son with us. He is not a picky eater I must say so eating at a fine dining restaurant is not an issue. My wife had the Parmesan crusted drum and I had the red snapper with shrimp étouffée and lobster butter. Both were excellent and super fresh. Before I forget, we had the lobster dumplings appetizer and I highly recommend starting your meal with this. This dish is so good it will make grown men cry. We look forward to our next trip to NO and GW Fins.

1  Thank Alex T
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Do not skip dessert! This was our second time dining at G.W. Fins and it was just as, if not more, impressive than our previous visit! Menu is updated daily with alterations to dishes based on what fresh ingredients are available. However, there are always seafood items, chicken, steak, and a pasta option. I personally am not a seafood lover, but there are a few great options for me still! Atmosphere is great and the waitstaff is friendly and relaxed. And again, do not skip dessert!

Been to GW Fins? Share your experiences!