“Very nice atmosphere, attentive waitstaff. ”
Review of GW Fins

GW Fins
Reserve with OpenTable
GW Fins is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 1,980 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Bourbon, Dauphine
Transit: Bienville & Rampart
Description: Experience the cuisine that has created raving fans of local diners and national and local food critics alike. Chef Tenney Flynn (two time winner of "Chef of the Year" in New Orleans Magazine) ensures the highest quality seafood by flying in products from around the globe and featuring only the best from local waters - both at their seasonal peak. This commitment to freshness and variety are two of the many reasons GW Fins prints its menu daily and has received numerous glowing reviews in The Times-Picayune (4 beans), Food & Wine, Southern Living and Esquire magazines. We look forward to serving you soon so we may learn what you think.
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had dinner on a Tuesday night at 8 pm. We had reservations and we were seated immediately. We had cocktails which were very good and the sizzling oyster appetizer was a nice touch. The real star was the buttery smooth scallops entree I had. I mean it was just perfectly cooked and presented so well. My husband had the scalibut which was also very good. We had a couple desserts to top it all off- creme brûlée- awesome! and the bread pudding with chunks of dark chocolate and too many nuts- did not enjoy it very much. We had a great evening and we will definitely go back next time we are in town.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

I had my food at the bar. They were able to mix and match my fish plate with sides from another plate. Food was tasty. Worth a visit.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

This was the BEST FISH WE HAVE EVER HAD... I can not state enough how wonderful our meals were. We loved everything. And they pulled out the red carpet treatment for my boyfriend's birthday!

Reviewed April 8, 2014

A wide variety of well prepared delicious fish dishes. Good service, large round tables availible. Easy parking.

Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

It was our 15 yr anniversary. I noted that on the reservation without any expectations. They gave us a menu with our names and occasion printed on the menu. They brought a plate with a candle with happy 15th anniversary written on it. Just an example of how they go above and beyond. None of this was requested.
The food is great. It always is our best meal on each trip to New Orleans. When we visit new orleans this is the only thing that we put as a "must" for the trip.
If you go on a weekend I recommend reservations. There were several that attempted to walk- in at 6:45pm but there were not any openings for the night.

Been to GW Fins? Share your experiences!