“Good fish dinner”
Review of GW Fins

GW Fins
Reserve with OpenTable
GW Fins is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 2,045 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Bourbon, Dauphine
Transit: Bienville & Rampart
Description: Experience the cuisine that has created raving fans of local diners and national and local food critics alike. Chef Tenney Flynn (two time winner of "Chef of the Year" in New Orleans Magazine) ensures the highest quality seafood by flying in products from around the globe and featuring only the best from local waters - both at their seasonal peak. This commitment to freshness and variety are two of the many reasons GW Fins prints its menu daily and has received numerous glowing reviews in The Times-Picayune (4 beans), Food & Wine, Southern Living and Esquire magazines. We look forward to serving you soon so we may learn what you think.
Reviewed December 25, 2013

GW Fins was able to take us earlier than our reservation, they had a table set up with confetti to celebrate my husband's birthday, and offered a great wine selection.

The lobster appetizer was good, it was very buttery and filling. I was a bit disappointed at dinner - where was the scallibut I was hearing so much about? The waiter told us it wasn't in season, so we had the snapper, which was tasty.

The salty malty pretzel dessert was delicious - I definitely recommend it.

The restaurant itself was right off of Bourbon Street - the street was a little bit dark, but there were several people around. The restaurant was decorated very well and it was easy to hear each other speak. I would recommend others to visit this restaurant.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,486)

Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Everything about this place was great. Food was perfect, prices were decent ($25-$30 for the avg entree) and it was very nice without being stuffy. I also liked that the waiter suggested a $36 bottle of wine over the $60 bottle I was about to order. His bottle was great and cheaper! Will absolutely go back. Only potential negative- if you were looking for local creole or Cajun, this isn't the place.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Simply said, if you want a well prepared seafood dinner with good service, come here. The appetizers are all delicious. Crabs cakes, oysters, potstickers, yummy.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

My husband and I chose this restaurant to celebrate our anniversary and it was absolutely amazing. The sizzling oysters were the best I have ever had. The lobster dumplings also good but nothing out of the ordinary. I had the scallops with the mushroom risotto and probably could have eaten another plate it was that great. My husband had the grouper and he too ate it with great pleasure wanting to come back and try something else off the menu. Service was really good, bread was great. they even printed a copy of the menu with our names and date as a keepsake. would definitely come back

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Hard to believe that this place is so close to Bourbon Street and so civilized. The fish was delicious- some of the best tuna I have had. Staff was great. My wife also thought it was great, but felt it was not as much New Orleans as dome of the other places we had been - but delicious.

1  Thank Phil W

Been to GW Fins? Share your experiences!