“THE place for fish”
Review of GW Fins

GW Fins
Reserve with OpenTable
GW Fins is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 1,980 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Bourbon, Dauphine
Transit: Bienville & Rampart
Description: Experience the cuisine that has created raving fans of local diners and national and local food critics alike. Chef Tenney Flynn (two time winner of "Chef of the Year" in New Orleans Magazine) ensures the highest quality seafood by flying in products from around the globe and featuring only the best from local waters - both at their seasonal peak. This commitment to freshness and variety are two of the many reasons GW Fins prints its menu daily and has received numerous glowing reviews in The Times-Picayune (4 beans), Food & Wine, Southern Living and Esquire magazines. We look forward to serving you soon so we may learn what you think.
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We headed here for Jazz Fest weekend (made reservations 4 weeks in advance). Our waiter gave us just the right amount of service- attentive but not hovering. We started w the special soft shell crab w brown butter and wood fired shrimp. The shrimp were good, the soft shell crab - so fresh and such a treat. The bread/biscuits are so ridiculously good, I finally told our server that, despite anything I said, do NOT bring me anymore. For entrees, I got the drum w lump crabmeat and Meyer lemon sauce (delicious) my husband got the famed scalibut and couldn't say enought about it. We ordered the amazing sweet potatoes as a side dish- if you do this, i promise you wont need dessert. We ended our evening with specialty coffees. The menu is, as may be expected VERY fish centric- not so much traditional New Orleans. The dining area feels intimate and not our. Our service was spot on, efficient, but not hurried and the waiter was well informed about the menu and preparations.

1  Thank Kim H

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Checked Trip Advisor and it was highly rated. What a great meal experience for my 95 year old father-in-law and I to have. I couldn't have asked for a nicer meal or service. Both were awesome ! We flew in just to see the WWII Museum and G W Fins capped it off.

Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

The food here is just so so so good! This is a must visit in New Orleans. I'm not even a fish person, but everything they make us just absolutely delicious. Can't recommend it highly enough!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

After finding GW Fins on Trip Advisor, my husband and I decided to check it out--we were not disappointed. Our waiter Ricardo was very well informed regarding both the liquor and food menus. The entire waitstaff did an outstanding job. The timing between courses was perfect. We both enjoyed the French 75 Martini that began our dining experience. From our WG Shrimp appetizer to the creme brulee for dessert, everything tasted great. The spinach salad and Scalibut were our salad and main entree choices. The decor was a delight to the eye and the restaurant's set up was unique. We will definitely go back on our next visit to the French Quarter.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Went for dinner our last night in New Orleans What a meal. Professional, great food that looked and tasted terrific. We had a 3 hour meal with wine and dessert and never felt pushed by the staff. The staff was informative and would talk about preparation fluently. The smoked oysters were the best ever! The grouper was a huge piece of fish, well seasoned but not over spiced. Save room for the bread pudding, it it worth the calorie hit. I love port and they had a 1975 that was amazing and a big pour. Great place don't miss going here if you are in town.

1  Thank Rob S

Been to GW Fins? Share your experiences!