“Great meal with upscale atmosphere”
Review of GW Fins

GW Fins
Reserve with OpenTable
GW Fins is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 1,964 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Bourbon, Dauphine
Transit: Bienville & Rampart
Description: Experience the cuisine that has created raving fans of local diners and national and local food critics alike. Chef Tenney Flynn (two time winner of "Chef of the Year" in New Orleans Magazine) ensures the highest quality seafood by flying in products from around the globe and featuring only the best from local waters - both at their seasonal peak. This commitment to freshness and variety are two of the many reasons GW Fins prints its menu daily and has received numerous glowing reviews in The Times-Picayune (4 beans), Food & Wine, Southern Living and Esquire magazines. We look forward to serving you soon so we may learn what you think.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great meal with upscale atmosphere”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My boyfriend and I went to GW Fins for a fancier dinner in Nola - we enjoyed our experience a lot - great service - the waiter was trying very hard to please us. This is a good place to go if you really want to dine in an upscale atmosphere. The food was all great but not mind-blowing for an upscale restaurant with entrees in the $20-30 range.

Visited March 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Yorba Linda, California
“Fabulous seafood dinner”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

During Mardi Gras we had the BEST seafood dinner New Orleans could offer. The parmesan crusted drum with fried capers was outstanding. So was the sheepshead. The whole atmosphere and professional staff made it a wonderful evening in the Big Easy.

• Visited February 2013
Ayr, United Kingdom
“Finest of fine dining at an affordable price”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I have enjoyed good food in many countries, but I believe this was the best meal I have ever eaten. My daughter and I chose two mains that we planned to share but neither of us was willing to swap half-way, we were enjoying our own plateful too much. I had the 'scalibut' and it was exquisite.
Ambiance, service, reasonably priced and extensive wine list - this restaurant has it all.

• Visited March 2013
Utah
“Our Best Meal in Six Weeks in the Gulf”
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

We have been traveling for over six weeks along the Gulf of Mexico, the last two days in New Orleans. We've had some good meals and some horrible meals in that time. But last night we had a surpurb meal at CW Finns in New Orleans! This restaurant has it all together - the service, the atmosphere, the food. I had the best red snapper I have EVER had, outside crisp, inside moist and flakey, served over shrimp étouffée that was simply delicious. It was an expensive meal, but for once the cost did not bother me. I felt like I had paid a fair price for the art of food.

“Best food of our trip”
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Fabulous seafood. oysters and lobster ravioli appetizers were out of this world. I had the scalibut. It was fabulous. My husband had a red snapper, which he said was prepared perfectly. Service was great. We ate at several top restraunts, and this was the best food. The only negative, was that one in our party ordered snapper and got salmon, the waiter misheard her. She kept the entree though, as she said it was delicious.

Been to GW Fins? Share your experiences!