“Excellent Business Dinner”
Review of GW Fins

GW Fins
Reserve with OpenTable
GW Fins is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 2,045 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Bourbon, Dauphine
Transit: Bienville & Rampart
Description: Experience the cuisine that has created raving fans of local diners and national and local food critics alike. Chef Tenney Flynn (two time winner of "Chef of the Year" in New Orleans Magazine) ensures the highest quality seafood by flying in products from around the globe and featuring only the best from local waters - both at their seasonal peak. This commitment to freshness and variety are two of the many reasons GW Fins prints its menu daily and has received numerous glowing reviews in The Times-Picayune (4 beans), Food & Wine, Southern Living and Esquire magazines. We look forward to serving you soon so we may learn what you think.
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I was lucky enough to be able to get this reservation on such short notice for a group of 20. We had the private room and a set menu. I have nothing but great things to say about this place, the service was excellent, the food and wine were on point. Everyone had an excellent time in our party. Also, I lost my receipt travelling back home and they promptly emailed it to me upon request. Highly recommended.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,486)

Reviewed January 31, 2013

We wanted to test this restaurant that is pretty high ranked in Tripadvisor. We had a very good time in this restaurant : beautiful room, nice seats and very professionnal staff. The menu was very complete and obviously focused on seafood. All we took was excellent and I was impressed by the wine list.
I definitively recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Read some great reviews about G. W. Finn's and so we gave it try. We were not disappointed. We all (4 of us) ordered primarily appetizers (except for one entree). They were all delicious! My wife had the Crispy Fried Maine Lobster tail. It was so delicious, that she ordered a second one!! I had the Seafood Gumbo which came with oysters, shrimp, crab, dark roux, and long grain rice. It was good, (but it was not the BEST gumbo I've ever eaten). I also had the Spinach & Goat Cheese salad which came with balsamic strawberries, candied walnuts, and balsamic vinaigrette dressing. That was one of the best salads I've ever eaten! One of our friends had the Triple Iceberg Wedgie salad which came with bleu cheese & bacon, thousand island & tomato, creamy basil & shrimp. That turned out to be a very good choice as well. (they do a great job with presentation AND taste). You have got to try the Smoked Sizzlin Oysters!! They were so delicious, we requested a second dozen! And they arrived in a matter of minutes! One of us tried an entree which was the Niman Ranch Pork Chop which came with mashed sweet potatoes, balsamic strawberries, and bourbon molasses glaze. I got a chance to try a taste of that and it was delicious.
The small biscuit appetizers that they bring out fresh (complimentary) were very good as well.
Most of the entress were in the mid to upper 20's. But the appetizers and salads, I thought were very reasonably priced and were a great deal! (almost all under $10)

Since they accept online reservations I would recommend doing so if you are going at prime time (7:00 PM). We made a reservation online and when we arrived we were seated immediately.

I would certainly recommend this place as the service was excellent.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Made reservations through Open Table for my birthday. Previous reviewers were correct about this gem of a restaurant. Service was exceptional with all of the wait staff including our server, Tabitha. She even brought out my choice of dessert - chocolate lava cake (free) for my birthday. This was the best meal of our entire weekend in New Orleans. Also the dress code called for business casual but I called ahead of time and was told that dress jeans were appropriate. Don't miss this place!

1  Thank Kathy C
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This was the worst of all the restaurants in N.O. we ate at. The service was slow, and the food was over priced and had no taste. I would never go here again. I don't know why it was packed with people and so highly rated on trip advisor.

2  Thank Jeff334
Gary W, Owner at GW Fins, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear Jeff,

I am Gary Wollerman, Owner of GW Fins. I want to apologize for your disappointing experience at GW Fins. My business partner, the Executive Chef of the restaurant and I are in the restaurant almost every night, because it is so important to us that each guest has a Raving Fan experience. Your overall dissatisfaction is a great concern to us and I would like the opportunity to speak with you further. With your help we can improve our execution and ensure future guests are more pleased than you were.

I am happy to communicate with you by phone or email. I normally am at the restaurant everyday from 10a Central time. Please contact me so I can apologize personally and improve our guests' experience.

Gary Wollerman
GW Fins

Been to GW Fins? Share your experiences!