“Wonderful Dinner and Service to celebrate special birthday”
Review of GW Fins

GW Fins
Reserve with OpenTable
GW Fins is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 1,997 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Bourbon, Dauphine
Transit: Bienville & Rampart
Description: Experience the cuisine that has created raving fans of local diners and national and local food critics alike. Chef Tenney Flynn (two time winner of "Chef of the Year" in New Orleans Magazine) ensures the highest quality seafood by flying in products from around the globe and featuring only the best from local waters - both at their seasonal peak. This commitment to freshness and variety are two of the many reasons GW Fins prints its menu daily and has received numerous glowing reviews in The Times-Picayune (4 beans), Food & Wine, Southern Living and Esquire magazines. We look forward to serving you soon so we may learn what you think.
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I surprised my husband with a trip to NOLA. This restaurant was recommended from a good friend as a place for his special birthday dinner. We were not disapointed, the food was excellent, I would recommend the Lobster Dumplings as a starter....melt in your mouth fantastic. I had the stuffed flounder which was stuffed with Brie and Blue crab, great combination! The service was great, food incredible, a great place to go when in NOLA.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,030)

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Many places try oysters seared on hot oyster shells but this place has it perfected! If you only go for these, its worth it! The lobster dumplings are also outstanding and the drum fish very good. One of the best restaurants in the city.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I have been here twice in four years. Ther service both times was nothing shy of superb. The entire experience from start to finish leaves you awed. They know how to truly make you feel special. Both times I've been here I have had the fried lobster tail, which is truly divine, but the blue crab pot stickers and the deep fried soft shell crab did not disappoint either. The scalibut, which I had almost 4 years ago is still the best thing I have ever tasted, but the Jolt Snapper I had in my recent visit was fabulous. The desserts are truly amazing, the apple pie is a real treat and very unique. The molten chocolate cake is delicious and the chocolate mouse bomb is truly fantastic. All of the staff is so pleasent, friendly, and inviting. A must when you visit New Orleans!

Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I dinned here for the first time, and we are huge foodies. This place did not impress us at all. The food lacked flavor. Visit at your own risk. For the best food experience, please visit Restaurant R'evolution. This place is at the very top of all New Orleans restaurants, and this coming from a New Orleans native.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Beautiful old New Orleans building just off of Bourbon Street - request a table by the window. We have eaten there 3 times and is delicious every time, no matter what was ordered. Fresh, beautifully prepared and authentic flavors of the city. Can't go wrong.