“Amazing food, service to match”
Review of Jacques-Imo's Cafe

Jacques-Imo's Cafe
Ranked #23 of 1,989 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Southwestern, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Neighborhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I apologize to the staff of the restaurant for the delay in this review.
We were a party of four and arrived to a busy restaurant; we were greeted like old friends and shown to a table, which began a wonderful culinary experience. Nothing about the food here is "usual". My soft-shell crab was a giant; I've never seen one so large, but the shell was still soft and the preperation was outstanding. We ordered the "cheesecake" appetizer, which is a must, especially for first-time diners. Our friend had the stuffed shrimp, which he devoured.
The service was helpful (we needed descriptions of some of the dishes!) but not pushy, and the atmosphere was warm and happy... as were we after such a lovely meal!

Reviewed December 24, 2013

We knew it was out of the way....an expensive cab ride from our hotel, but so worth it!! The meal was excellent, the waiter was great, and the reception people were so accomodating. It was definitely our best meal in NOLA, and I don't say that lightly!!

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Had been to Maple Leaf Bar couple of times and had seen this restaurant but never wandered in. Co-worker gave to me as one of his recommendations while in town - glad I followed his advice. A surprising varied menu - lot of local favorites with a decidedly French twist - had a hard time deciding on my selection. The fried grits appetizer was superb - could probably have had that for dinner it tasted so good. I had duck and companion had grouper - both tasty. Don't generally order dessert but the bread pudding is a must have.
A real local clientele with a lot of conversation in the air - highly recommend.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

This gem of a restaurant is located quite a distance from the French Quarter and Downtown, but you can easily get there with a 30-minute ride on the St. Charles Streetcar and a five-minute walk. Try the delicious "Cheesecake" appetizer (which is really not a Cheesecake) and the Bouillabaisse. The food is awesome, especially if you like to try new dishes, the service is somewhat informal, but still professional, the decor is artsy/homey, and the price is right. It all adds up to a unique and memorable culinary experience.

Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

I ate here with a big group and was quite pleased with the customer service. Good watermelon Mojito, corn muffins (had 3), Crabmeat stuffed shrimp, & corn. Worth the trip. Wait staff very friendly. Not very pricey.