“Best Corn Muffins EVER!!”
Review of Jacques-Imo's Cafe

Jacques-Imo's Cafe
Ranked #25 of 1,990 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Southwestern, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Neighborhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

I ate here with a big group and was quite pleased with the customer service. Good watermelon Mojito, corn muffins (had 3), Crabmeat stuffed shrimp, & corn. Worth the trip. Wait staff very friendly. Not very pricey.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

First time here. I came based on the Food Channel hype about the fried chicken. The food , service and atmosphere were all good. New Orleans has lots of good neighborhood restaurants and this was one of them. I would enjoy going again. If I were advising a tourist, I would tell him that it would be a fun place to include in their stay but I would not make it my first stop. If I were advising a local, I would recommend it. This is a very casual place. I had fried chicked which was good and my wife had crawfish ettoufe. The chicken was good but next time I'll order some Louisiana seafood.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

The quail and shrimp/alligator cheesecake were really good! But the corn muffins, drenched in melted butter and fresh garlic were "out of this world" good!

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Loved this place! Went with a big group (13 person bachelor party) and had a great meal, with great service, and a great environment. Delicious, authentic, reasonably priced southern cuisine in a neighborhood setting. Added bonus, a "Superbad" celeb sighting enjoying the fare as well!!

Reviewed November 28, 2013

On vacation using TripAdvisor and Zagat, we were looking forward to one of the best creole-cajun places in New Orleans. Being somewhat of a foodie, our expectations of this place was high after reading the reviews. "Authentic" kept popping up. Well, funky interior aside, the food was simply average. My crawfish etouee was nothing interesting at all. The crawfish were the smallest possible and the sauce unremarkable. When they said red beans and rice as a side, thats all it was. There was no flavor you couldnt get out of a can and Popeyes does better rice. The corn was dramatically inferior to Copelands. My wife had a shrimp dish with tomatoes which was average tasting. Maybe we picked the worst on the menu but the reviews didn't say "Everything's great except these two". For me, Redfish Grill downtown was 100 times better. Muriels was 1000 times better. Jo-El our server was good with occasional shine of great.

1  Thank Danielg922