“This place is a trip”

Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This place is a trip”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I went with a big group so we had reservations made a month in advance. Not kidding. We still had to wait a little while as there were people spewed out onto the street. Walking to our table was like a little trip down a rabbit hole. It was super dark and very packed with all kinds of art, people, food smells, loud talking. The food was great. I was a little leery when someone mentioned "alligator cheesecake". It didn't make sense. After taking down a whole piece by myself, I get it. There really is no other way to describe it besides alligator put into a cheesecake with a crazy good sauce on top. Get it. Every plate was huge so we all had left overs. You really can't go wrong. As far as dessert goes, we didn't order any. We were celebrating a birthday so they brought some little cheesecakes (yummy) and bread pudding. I would never go out of my way to eat bread pudding. It just isn't my thing. But next time I go here, I'll be saving room for it!

Visited March 2013

Melbourne, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Gem”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Highly recommend this restaurant. Great staff, our waiter was fantastic.. He even threw in an Alligator Cheesecake (which you have to have) on the house !! Go next door and see a band after dinner, too..

Visited March 2009

• Visited May 2012
Windermere,Florida
“A worthwhile experience”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

You are not going to find a restaurant like this back home. The pick up truck outside has a table with linens all set to go. The crowd is huge and packed into the bar /waiting area in cold or rainy weather. When you finally hear your name called for a seat , you follow the hostess through a maze of rooms. The setting is fish camp . The food far exceeds this. After a few visits I think the wait and the noise and the crowd are wearing on me, but try it at least once. It really is good food... And an experience

Visited March 2013
1 Thank AustinM
Coronado, California
“Another great one in NOLA...”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We enjoyed a large group (20) dinner last night at Jacques-Imo's but at the same time felt like each of us received individualized service and meal. The food is beyond compare even when you consider NOLA is one of the gastronomical delights of our country. The kitchen deserves a heartfelt thank you for get the meals out - well presented, hot and delicious. The wait staff was very attentive and not a missed order for the lot of us. Definitely off the beaten path and requiring a cab ride but well worth it for an enjoyable evening.

• Visited April 2013
Concord, NC
“All I hoped for”
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

From the moment we sat down I felt like I was at home. Cool, funky atmosphere with the best food I have eaten since my mama used to cook for me. Very popular so could be a wait. Waitstaff are very attentive and helpful. Salad and fried oyster were delish. I will be back to sample more of the menu

Visited April 2013