“All I hoped for”

Cuisines: Southwestern, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Neighborhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Reviewed April 16, 2013

From the moment we sat down I felt like I was at home. Cool, funky atmosphere with the best food I have eaten since my mama used to cook for me. Very popular so could be a wait. Waitstaff are very attentive and helpful. Salad and fried oyster were delish. I will be back to sample more of the menu

Write a ReviewReviews (1,612)

Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

This place is great but make sure you have a res! I went with a group of five people and we all had a great experience with the service and the food. I had the mahi mahi and it was amazing! No complaints, it is loud in there but come on, what do you expect with such a popular place? :)!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Got to the restaurant at 5:30 and were seated promptly. Great waitstaff, good food. A bit loud. Funky interior. Two of us had tuna and it was very good. Friends had the scallops (best ever, she said) and the grilled shrimp (delicious). The long lines had kept us away previously so glad we got the opportunity to try it!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

We went on Thursday April 4th. We were there a little before 5:00 but they showed us to our table anyway. The owner was fantastic in his treatment towards us even though they were finishing an employee meeting. Our server,Stephen, was very knowledgable and friendly, ask for him. We had stopped here the first time we visited New Orleans and we are happy to report that the food was just as great as the first time. Do not miss the alligator cheesecake it is excellent. The only problem we had was that we came back the next night for drinks and appetizers but the bartender was so surly that we felt we had made him mad at us, when he dropped a drink and we giggled about it. After that he barely even talked us. So we left, no tip. The moral here is go for dinner, not for drinks you will be much happier. It is a quirky out of the way kind of place, you'll like it if you want something casual and fun

Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is usually a favorite of mine. My cousin and her friend were in from out of town so we took them there. We waited an hour while the hostess kept looking over us. When we finally got seated it was in the back dining room against the wall. The server we had did not know the menu. She explained that a dish that I inquired about would come out having avocados. The dish came out looking nothing like what she described and I did not like it so I sent it back. By the time I finally got another dish my friends were almost finished.
I think the restaurant is rushed and does not take their time on their food anymore. I have highly recommended this restaurant in the past but now for the money I say go somewhere else. Not impressed.

1  Thank Paula M