“Above and Beyond”

Emeril's New Orleans
Reserve with OpenTable
Emeril's New Orleans is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 1,979 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Arts District / Warehouse District
Cross street: Julia Street
Description: Opened in 1990 by Chef Emeril Lagasse in New Orleans, Emeril's Restaurant serves his signature style of "New New Orleans" cuisine, featuring the best local and regional seasonal ingredients. Nestled in a renovated pharmacy warehouse on Tchoupitoulas Street in the heart of the city's Warehouse District, Emeril's interior features rustic exposed brick and glass walls flanking one side of the main dining room, with plaster-lathe wood forming a wine wall on the other. Guests may enjoy watching the action in the kitchen while enjoying a meal at the chef's Food Bar.
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Taking a deep breath, and hoping we were not disappointed, we chose a restaurant that had the reputation of being top notch. We were not wrong. From the moment we entered the restaurant, admiring the interior and the vibe, to when we left, the evening was exceptional. We sat at the counter with the view over the kitchen and thoroughly enjoyed watching the team work together. A very small complaint that the person closest to us was really not interested in communicating with us, but she was doing her job, and sending out really great looking dishes to the pass. Our waiter had the timing down perfectly between dishes. I had probably the best tasting mussels I have had in a very long time, and the banana cream pie was to die for. We were slightly jealous of the people sitting at the chefs table in the kitchen, but hey, good reason to go back!

Reviewed April 5, 2014

I have nothing but praise for the food and service that my wife and I experienced at Emeril's. The AndouBoudin appetizer, gumbo, kale salad, drum fish entree (Texas) and banana cream pie were all expertly prepared and delicious. Our head waiter was very helpful in directing us towards the dishes that we selected and even though the restaurant was crowded, by drawing curtains near our table, we felt comfortably secluded in a "small" section of the restaurant. All in all, this was one of the highlights of our visit to New Orleans.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Maybe they were young and inexperienced, but it was not what I was expecting from this meal. I expected a fine dining experience and the wait staff diminished that. Plates were removed before we were done eating, or one person was done, but not the other. New flatware was brought to the table when we were still eating the previous course, and sometimes it was just sort of tossed on the table. Drinks and plates were set down across our faces.... It was not fine service.

Also, forget getting any meaningful help with wine pairing. With a huge wall of wine, there was no sommelier in sight and asking for suggestions for pairing wine was greeted with, 'oh, the pinot noir will go with that.' I was so frustrated - and disappointed.

The food - hmmm, I guess it was ok, but it was so overshadowed by the service. I guess it also wasn't good enough to make me see beyond the service. I might try eating here again, but not eagerly. I mean, maybe my visit was a fluke.

The walls are brick and the surfaces are very hard, so it is a noisy place. And I guess a lot of tourists, like me.... (Though my born and raised New Orleans friend lead me to believe this would be my favorite meal.)

Reviewed March 30, 2014

We were a party of seven. Service was impeccable. Two to three servers/assistants never far away. Menu was nice. I had the seafood special which was a whole bone-in trout...very nicely seasoned. Presentation and taste of everything was very good. Everyone at our table was very satisfied with all dishes and drinks. I'm keeping this review brief because it has all been said before.

N.O. Saints Head Coach Sean Payton was seated one table from us....well, his party took up one table and his ego took up a second table. He was loud non-stop. Not sure how he ate while never stopping talking. I only bring this up because the presence of a "celebrity" nearby didn't impact the quality or quantity of service at our table. It was a fun night.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

I can't wait to eat here again! I did not find a single thing that we ate, that we wouldn't have again!

We were taken care of by multiple servers and we never had to tell any of them that someone had taken our order already. They seemed to be coordinating effectively between themselves on our service.

The prices are extremely reasonable for a restaurant with Emeril's name on it. I think that surprised us the most.

Ambiance was very nice. Dress code on web site said business casual, but there were quite a few people there with jeans and I even saw them sit a group who had come in with t-shirts & jeans so it's not as stiff as you would think.

We were started with 3 different mini breads each. I kept bugging my wife if she was going to finish hers!

We split the BBQ Shrimp appetizer so we we'd have room for dinner. Again, I offered to help my wife with her share!

I had the Ribeye Cap & my wife had the Fettuccine Nero. Both were fantastic. I would say the Ribeye was one of the best meals I've ever had out.

We finished with absolutely the best Banana Cream Pie I've ever had!

I recommend Emeril's to anyone looking for an outstanding meal.