“Great service, nothing "Bam" about the food though”

Emeril's New Orleans
Reserve with OpenTable
Emeril's New Orleans is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 2,009 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Arts District / Warehouse District
Cross street: Julia Street
Description: Opened in 1990 by Chef Emeril Lagasse in New Orleans, Emeril's Restaurant serves his signature style of "New New Orleans" cuisine, featuring the best local and regional seasonal ingredients. Nestled in a renovated pharmacy warehouse on Tchoupitoulas Street in the heart of the city's Warehouse District, Emeril's interior features rustic exposed brick and glass walls flanking one side of the main dining room, with plaster-lathe wood forming a wine wall on the other. Guests may enjoy watching the action in the kitchen while enjoying a meal at the chef's Food Bar.
Reviewed January 13, 2014

If I was rating solely based on food, it would be a three star. But seeing how the service was impeccable and the waiter was extremely polite and personable, I have to give them 4 stars. I was super excited to visit Emeril's, this being the first of all this restaurants. I came with an open mind after having a not so great, but very expensive and average tasting experience at his Miami Beach restaurant back in 2007, before closed in 2011. This unfortunately was the same thing for me. Maybe my palate isn't refined enough to taste the nuances that make the food unique, for me everything tasted average and normal, like what you'd make at home. I had the "Emeril's New Orleans Barbeque Shrimp" for my appetizer - the sauce was tasty and the shrimps cooked properly, but I wasn't specifically impressed. I had a lobster bisque, which was nicely flavored and satisfying. My partner had the gumbo and a fresh mozzarella salad, both were enjoyable. For my entree I had one of the evening's specials, "Sizzling Main Sea Scallops", again cooked properly, tasted good, but nothing amazing. I was expecting so much more because of the the Chef's reputation and media prominence, but it failed to deliver. The silver lining, the food was good albeit not great, the service was on point, and we left full without spending what we thought would be a ridiculously high amount. That being said, I'm glad I tried it, but I won't return.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,343)

Reviewed January 13, 2014

We went as a large group and sat at two different tables. We were offered *signature* dishes and many chose the pork. No one was impressed. The food was ok, but not fantastic. Service was good.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Just wandering around and decided to try Emeril's. They were very busy, so we ate at the bar. Excellent menu selections. Pork chop was great... and sweet potatoes that came with the meal were extraordinary. Prices on the meals and drinks were reasonable for the area.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Had reservations- got in within minutes of our reservation time. Had margaritas from the bar while we waited which were really great. These waiters here mean business. From the second you sit down until you walk out of the door you are treated first class, no holds barred. They deserve five stars on their own. We started with a sampling of bread/rolls which were each delicious. For appetizers we had the bbq shrimp (cooked perfectly) and the calamari which I have to admit, we did not finish. It was good just not one of those appetizer you scape the dish for. For entrees my husband and aunt had the "signature dish" which was a crusted drum. They wanted to like their plates when they had ate it all. I had the stuffed quail. Being from Alabama, I expected something like Thanksgiving dressing or stuffiing when its actually stuffed with a red beans and rice type of thing. The bird was good I just didnt' like the inside. My grandmother got scallops which were divine! For dessert, we each ordered something a shared. We had creme brulee, which was kind of boring, coconut rice pudding, blah, whiskey pecan cakes which were very very whiskey-ey;), and the banana cream pie cake that was out of this world. The best dessert we had hands down. All this including one kids meals and two kids dessert plus drinks came to a total of around $300. I would love to taste everything New Orleans has to offer so I probably wouldn't choose to go back just because there are so many restaurants in NO to pick from. But I would recommend it and would go back if I had someone with me who had never been before.

Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

We were looking for a restaurant around that area but was the night the Saints won their access to play off so all full. We found the Emeril, they told us to check if any of the tables in the bar area were available as in the restaurant was full, we found one and we had 2 amazing micro brewery beers and a beef fillet with brie that was divine!

1  Thank Serenellaferraro